XenForo update coming [very] soon (Wednesday 27th April)!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Caporegime
This i quite like, currently there is no way to acknowledge what someone has said without physically replying to them, this is an example where you can add a little emote under the post, like a thumbs up or a Picard facepalm, or anything from a catalogue of emotes, its fun too.

N9Q2DjO.png

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
This i quite like, currently there is no way to acknowledge what someone has said without physically replying to them, this is an example where you can add a little emote under the post, like a thumbs up or a Picard facepalm, or anything from a catalogue of emotes, its fun too.

N9Q2DjO.png

Basically how Discord works.

I don't understand why people are expecting anything than an updated, more secure, less buggy version of the current forum.

We went from vbullatin to xenforo and it was almost the same, with just some visual differences and extra basic features, such as highlight a text and the quote button appears.

If they did the update over night, I'm willing to be, many wouldn't know the update occurred.

The like is great for many reasons eg acknowledging a response, showing your agreement with a post without a trivial +1 or “this” reply.
It's been discussed to death, but having a "this" reply, is far more use than seeing a reply, and then seeing it has 5 likes. The 5 likes mean nothing, but a this, is far more impactful, and I've never once seen an example where 1 post is quoted 50 times with everyone saying "this". You at worst get just a "this", or at best, you get "this" and then someone expands on it further, so adding even more to a conversation.

Likes will appeal to a certain type of user more than others, that want to make posts for the likes, rather than posts for the discussion.

Commissario
If they did the update over night, I'm willing to be, many wouldn't know the update occurred.

People will notice and probably complain.

IIRC when we did the move to the current software there were complaints over the colour despite it being the same, and I'm sure I saw someone mention how something had changed earlier in the thread when we haven't changed over yet :)

TBH most of the changes are fairly small in terms of what the users will see, apart from the new colour, avatar, rank system, and loss of GD and post counts.;)

TBH most of the changes are fairly small in terms of what the users will see, apart from the new colour, avatar, rank system, and loss of GD and post counts
Assuming you will be individually editing the post count to match what they were before the update right?? If so, Is it possible that I can have a new post count as I don't like mine as it. Please can it be 1 higher than it currently is? Many thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom