Yamaha MT-10

Associate
Any owners here? Currently with an S1000R but looking to change in the coming months.

Are there any demo bikes available in the country?! Like hen's teeth.

IC3

IC3

Soldato
MT-10 (even the SP) looks like a commuter bike, just look at S1000R or Tuono V4 1100 Factory. :rolleyes::p

Associate
OP
No, but apparently the 2017 version is a massive step up from last year's model, might be worth taking that in to consideration.

I didn't know it was a massive step up. I read that it all it was was a quickshifter as standard and a new throttle map?

Soldato
I've ridden the Mt-10, and it's a fantastic engine. All you get on the SP is the colour dash and the electronic ohlins - which isn't worth £3k more and you don't really need the electronic stuff on the MT10 - it's not a touring bike, it's not a commuter, it's a hyperactive jack russell pumped full of steroids which will kick you in the balls then do a burnout in your front room :D

Nearly £14k puts you in the range of some of the big boys. A 2017 KTM 1290 Superduke is £13,999. No contest IMO.

As an £8-9k almost new bike then a standard MT-10 is a bargain however.

Man of Honour
I didn't know it was a massive step up. I read that it all it was was a quickshifter as standard and a new throttle map?

It's not, all the reviews have said it's not worth the extra cash.

I really enjoyed test riding the mt10, and I almost bought one instead of my Tuono.

Soldato
You say that but over on PH there was someone in BN's new bike thread talking about how they tour on it and it's more than capable.
True, saw that post too, but you can tour (or commute) on a panigale, doesn't make that a touring bike :p

I know they're selling a 'touring pack' for them though.

Still, if you wanted to do a 3000 mile 2 up tour of the Alps the mt10 would do it, but it wouldn't be the obvious choice.

Man of Honour
The MT10 is an excellent touring bike except for its fuel range.

It has the comfort, cruise control and luggage to make touring great. Plus it handles a lot better than the adventure style bikes to make use of the great roads in the Alps.

That fuel range is a real issue though as it's worse than even my Tuono!

Associate
OP
Wow, there is literally no MT-10 demo bike in any Yamaha dealer within the M25. Not sure about what colour I like. I'd love the grey if it weren't for the health and safety wheels. Black is boring and makes the bike look unremarkable and the blue is tacky and makes it look like a happy meal toy.

Soldato
Dealers are probably waiting for the 2017 demo bikes, it's got a quickshifter now and I think some other tiny changes. They'll have loads in when spring finally gets here.

Back
Top Bottom