Yet Another TJ07: Performance Passive

Don
There was a time when I would quite happily tolerate a lot of noise in the persuit of performance, whether it was high flow fans or compressors in phase units. These days though I look for the quiet life and strife with minimising noise but not at the expense of outright performance. Though it's quite easy to get near silence using slow fans, it's usually at the expense of temperatures and loss of overclock, particularly round the GPU and CPU.

build1.jpg

Obligatory pic of stack of boxes

The key feature of this build is to minimise moving parts as much as possible, to the point that the only moving parts will be the pump (DDC3.2 18W, perhaps 2 of) and 2 120mm fans running at approximately 3V (minimum output from the fan controller). At 3V the fans will be essentially silent. The pump itself will be suspended via the inlet tubing to negate vibrations and again will be essentially silent once the loop is fully bled and the side panels installed.

I've not decided yet whether to use 2 pumps or 1, though by using the Heatkiller block which has fantastic low flow performance is swaying me to a single loop setup with the GPU and MB cooling in series. Alternatively I would use the second pump for the CPU only back to a common res and then the other pump would handle everything else.

build2.jpg

I've added a 1" hole for the fillport to the top of the case for ease of cooling.

To cool everything I'm going with Cape Cora radiator tubes, each one is estimated to handle about 25W of heat load at a reasonable differential temperature, in total I have 22 tubes meaning that they have about 550W of cooling capacity.

build3.jpg

I'm going to mount 11 on each side of the TJ07 and have them tubed in parallel to reduce the pressure drop in the loop and therefore increase the overall flowrate.

The aim will be to have sufficient cooling to overclock my D0 920 to 4.2-4.4GHz stable.

Soldato
I still think turning on the central heating would be a better way to prepare for winter.

/runs and hides

How heavy are those things by the way, they look like they're going to rival the rest of the build in weight together.

Soldato
They are huge!!!

Good to see an original project on here with the TJ-07 case, have been seriously bored reading most build logs with one showing same old, same old. One of the reasons (main!) i got rid of mine

You see the MDPC PC will the funky rad setup? think this may well look like this?

Also are you serously striving for near pure silence? i'm running my setup at 800rpm and its near silent as can get, really dunno how much lower you can go :)

Shadowscotland feel free to chip in :D

Soldato
Actually on 2nd thought you shouldn't worry much about galvanic corrosion as the aluminum is pretty far from the copper, don't think the voltage potential will be enough....just make sure you use deionized water.

Back
Top Bottom