Yogventures! - Kickstarter

Associate
Lol @ people saying about the heads getting bigger with fame and that is why they don't like them. Have you seen Notch in interviews? He loves himself and thinks he is the best thing ever.

Soldato
Associate
Say what you want about Notch, but he certainly aint greedy and knows that he couldn't have gotten where he is without the rest of Mojang.

http://www.minecraftforum.net/news/422-notch-gives-3-million-to-mojang-employees/

3 million out of the 100 million that Minecraft has estimated to have made is chicken feed. It's a gesture and nothing more. Notch certainly is a long way from a saint himself.

Like everyone involved in Minecraft, there's an overriding element of viscious fanboys and ego involved in all factions. I'd happily stick the lot of them in a cart and ship it off somewhere far away.

In my opinion, the team behind Terraria are much more worthy of praise, both in their attitudes towards customers, and their dedication to their product.

Soldato
Judging from notchs twittering dint think he's too happy about it and the vid is just flat out disrespectful.

I dont think Notch is in any position to demand respect from the yogs after that thing. But i do think its a really interesting way to get the game the yogs are always going on about made. Heres the cash put up or shut up. What a great way to make games, man im really buzzed about kickstarter.

Soldato
In my opinion, the team behind Terraria are much more worthy of praise, both in their attitudes towards customers, and their dedication to their product.

havnt the terraria lot just wiped their hands of the game and moved onto a space sim of some sort? im sure i read in the big thread on these forums about the latest patch being the last and tough hollywilloughboobies if youre waiting for anything else to be done with it.

Associate
havnt the terraria lot just wiped their hands of the game and moved onto a space sim of some sort? im sure i read in the big thread on these forums about the latest patch being the last and tough hollywilloughboobies if youre waiting for anything else to be done with it.

Yeah but after how many major updates? Every time you logged in for a good period of time there were more mobs, crafting items and things to do in game. Certainly don't blame them for moving on since the game's pretty much run it's course and besides, it's complete enough as it is now, you can't do much else to it without making it from the ground up.

Even if you ignore Terraria, and that's fair enough if you want to, but there have been some amazing indie games in the last 12-18 months, and Minecraft certainly has it's place in that list, I just don't see why it's creators should be put on a pedestal above all others.

Associate

Terraria wasn't in beta when it was released, isn't at all buggy. Minecraft was and still is.

The devs have supported Terraria for ages after release and made it into a truly excellent game. They have no obligation to continue patching it if it works, especially considering the fact that it was only a £10 game.

Associate

The guy who did most of the programming has left and the main artist on Terraria is directing a team to essentially make Terraria in space (Starbound). Pretty much Terraria with a hub space station, multiple planets and vehicles etc.

I think I paid about £7 for the game, which was totally worth it, even before the nuts amount of content they added in a period of about 9 months after release.

Soldato
ah, sounds like i have read false things then. I thought terraria was just dumped with things left on the to do list. I cant grumble with the amount of time i.ve spent on the game compared to what i paid for it, deffo one of the best pc games i've played

Soldato
ok, sorry for sounding like a complete idiot here, but whats gone on between notch and the yogscast?

is whatever happened between them the only reason for the hate towards the game, or is it that they are copying minecraft and improving it, much like notch did with infiniminer.

personally i think that it could be a great game as long as they keep the complexity of minecraft (ie, keep redstone). having seen their video, it looks like the engine has massive potential (especially if they are keeping it modder friendly

i also dont see what the problem is with the yogscast videos. i only discovered them recently, but their older ones are just as good as their newer ones imo.

Soldato
ok, sorry for sounding like a complete idiot here, but whats gone on between notch and the yogscast?

Basically there a bunch of egotistical adults who get paid to talk like children when playing video games.

As such this appeals to the masses of kids browsing youtube for video game videos.

Personally i think there a bunch of morons with huge huge ego's.

In a nutshell they claim that minecraft is only successful because of them.

Associate
I don't understand the hate towards the yogscast. I'm not interested in any of their Minecraft/WoW videos but I think their other stuff is great and I can't see why people think they have huge ego's?

Soldato
I think they need big ego's seeing as they are in the business of making youtube video's for a living. It must work for them, they are one of the most popular gaming channels on youtube?

Back
Top Bottom