You asked for 256GB for less than £100 and here it is!! Crucials V4!! IN STOCK & BENCHMARKED!!

Associate
Damn it i just purchased the 128gb M4 for £89.....bah i knew i should have looked here first double the capacity for £11 more

However is it free postage? Dont fancy looking and finding it to be £8 royal mail again.

ta

guess i'll hold out till we see 512's as cheap!

really tempted to send the m4 back and get this but the mrs will pop a hip with all that finger wagging at me :)

Last edited:
Soldato
The question is then should i get 2 of these V drives for 512GB, would do for most of my mp3s and movies, movie folder in particular takes ages to load on my normal hdd.

OcUK Staff
The question is then should i get 2 of these V drives for 512GB, would do for most of my mp3s and movies, movie folder in particular takes ages to load on my normal hdd.

I'd be buying a pair simply for the fact that 512GB of SSD storage capacity simply rocks at £200. :D

Soldato
Just purchased for my ageing Macbook which is SATA II should throw some new life into it being it was built from other broken Macbooks.

I hope I recieve this on Saturday.

Would cloning my current drive be an issue or is it best to do fresh installs? I need to run both Mac and Windows I work in IT support so it is needed.

Last edited:

cbr

cbr

Associate
Yes and no!

If your want one of the best, yes!

If you want to get an SSD for the benefits of having an SSD then no.

I'd rather spend £30 more by buying a pair of these and have twice the capacity. :)

2 for raid,,, interesting

How does everyone manage two ssd in raid 0, as i presume there is still no trim support ?

OcUK Staff
2 for raid,,, interesting

How does everyone manage two ssd in raid 0, as i presume there is still no trim support ?

Just like raiding a pair of HDD's, use the motherboards controller, set it to RAID, configure RAID in BIOS, then format the RAID partition and install your O.S. and/or APPS. :)

Associate
Just purchased for my ageing Macbook which is SATA II should throw some new life into it being it was built from other broken Macbooks.

I hope I recieve this on Saturday.

Would cloning my current drive be an issue or is it best to do fresh installs? I need to run both Mac and Windows I work in IT support so it is needed.

Generally speaking I would say a fresh install is better. Clone installs aren't always trouble free but with a few tweaks they are normally fine.

cbr

cbr

Associate
yes i know how to set it up, I just mean over time of use without trim working, how is that going to pan out

OcUK Staff
yes i know how to set it up, I just mean over time of use without trim working, how is that going to pan out

Unsure, I've got an old Samsung in my laptop which does not support TRIM, performance has degraded, but its still hugely faster than an HDD.

Soldato
Yes that is the whole point of the 14 days, UK law is 7 days, we give double. :D

Seriously in real world performance and usage you'd find it hard to notice the difference between one of these and one of the newer SandForce SATA3 drives for real world OS use and loading games. :)

So far my experience of using the 14 days return service as been a slow process. Returned an item on the 5th Sept and still havn't recieved a refund yet! Confirmation of my account been debited came via email on the 11th sept, and states it can take up to 5 working days to clear which as now been passed.

Last edited:
OcUK Staff
So far my experience of using the 14 days return service as been a slow process. Returned an item on the 5th Sept and still havn't recieved a refund yet! Confirmation of my account been debited came via email on the 11th sept, and states it can take up to 5 working days to clear which as now been passed.

If your having problems, drop a post in the CS forum and am sure 5UB shall sort for you. :)

Soldato
If your having problems, drop a post in the CS forum and am sure 5UB shall sort for you. :)

Spoke to someone on the phone from your end yesterday who stated that they were having problems with refunds at the moment and could take up to 10 working days to clear once processed! and by Law Overclockers have up to 28 days to refund anyway. Hope it doesn't take that long!

Back
Top Bottom