You asked for 256GB for less than £100 and here it is!! Crucials V4!! IN STOCK & BENCHMARKED!!

Soldato
Hi there

Stock is here! :D

We shall hold this special price over the weekend, until Monday morning! :)

Surely you can stretch it out to next weekend? *wishful thinking* ;) :p Go on, Gibbo. You know you want to. Some of us won't be paid til then.

Of course if there was any left over, I'd be happy to see it on a Today Only deal for the same price or even £105 would be ideal til it goes back up to £120 ;)

OcUK Staff
Hi there

As promised I've run some benchmarks on this V4 drive to see how it really performs:-

Single Drive Benchmarks

diskmark1.png

atto.png

asssd2.png

asssd1.png

RAID 0 Benchmarks

diskmr.png

attor.png

asssd1r.png

asssd2r.png

As can be seen the drives actually perform better than the advertised specification. :)

Drives test on X79 SATA6 mainboard! Performance on SATA2 could be +/- 1-2%!!

Associate
Thx ocuk for this bargain. I do not worship benchmarks as much as some of the guys here. What I needed, was the expansion of my Steam drive, so I happily sacrifice my "so called" quicker Corsair 120GB Force Series 3 for this 256GB drive. My win7 is still sitting on Vertex 2E I bought from you long time ago and I am perfectly happy with this.

Last edited:
Associate
Dare I, Can I, Nice price but just got the Vertex2E dont think she will go for another purchase.
Still got another few hours before offer finishes to work on this

Soldato
Ordered - turned out to be an expensive typo as i was searching for M4 info for a friend and stumbled across this thread.

Great pound to GB ratio even for a mid-range drive - a fun, luxury, purchase for my needs and looking forward to Office Apps opening up in under a second - simple pleasures...

Soldato
I quickly bodged mine into the Lian Li when I got home from work. Turned on, quick format to NTFS. Ran the Crystal Disk Mark if anyone is interested.
I never benchmark my drives so haven't a clue if this is any use. The write speed seems a bit high compared to OcUK test result above?
Running on a Zotac 890GX-ITX (SB850).

v4_zps911d87d0.jpg

Can run other benchmarks if anyone needs?

Edit: Ran AS SSD benchmark also:
v42_zpsc33bd8c5.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
Just installed this as a system drive on a Macbook and it is worse performance than a normal HDD.

Windows (running via Bootcamp) was downloading updates and the drive performance dropped to that of a USB flash drive 28MB/Sec read and 16MB/Sec Write. There are lots of users on the Crucial forums with the same issue. I get the same slow performance in the Mac OS as well.

For me it is not worth it and I will be returning it under DSR.

Last edited:
Associate
Just installed this as a system drive on a Macbook and it is worse performance than a normal HDD.

Windows (running via Bootcamp) was downloading updates and the drive performance dropped to that of a USB flash drive 28MB/Sec read and 16MB/Sec Write. There are lots of users on the Crucial forums with the same issue. I get the same slow performance in the Mac OS as well.

For me it is not worth it and I will be returning it under DSR.

Phew, glad I'm not the only one. I replaced this with a Samsung 830 today, and the difference is amazing.

Unfortunately I'm outside of the DSR :(

Associate
Don't expect miracles. It's just V4, not M4 - el cheapo series, with plenty of room (as for SSD). Rather sloow (4K Write IOPS = funny), I'd not change my Agility 3 60 for this :)

Associate
Don't expect miracles. It's just V4, not M4 - el cheapo series, with plenty of room (as for SSD). Rather sloow (4K Write IOPS = funny), I'd not change my Agility 3 60 for this :)

I don't think its so suited for concurrent read/write. Essentially a storage ssd. The 4k read is about as fast, and the access times faster than my v100+ but I don't have anything like the slowdown that some v4 owners have said (could be a drive specific issue tho as ive seen plenty of happy customers too).

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom