YouFibre

Ethernet port straight into laptop
Did the engineer who installed it test it at install time to make sure it got the full speed? Might be worth trying a different laptop / computer / network cable to be sure that the issue doesn't lie there.

I've got no experience with the Eero router myself so can't help there.

You should be able to do a speed test on the Eero router directly using the app, I believe this tests the connect direct to the router.

Did the engineer who installed it test it at install time to make sure it got the full speed? Might be worth trying a different laptop / computer / network cable to be sure that the issue doesn't lie there.

I've got no experience with the Eero router myself so can't help there.
Engineer left without it working at all as there was a fault. It came alive a few hours after he left. Customer support is terrible via email. What is the best way to get a response?

I’m not sure how comprehensive or trustworthy that is. It just says download 984Mbps and upload 955Mbps. It never changes.
I am sure thats the connection to your router, so I expect its router to your device's that are slow.

I know Youfibre offers a few different routers and I plan to ask for a specific router when I order from them. Does anyone know if the Arris router or the Eero router allows us to create a 2.4ghz and 5ghz network?

I don't think eero does. It's very basic and app controlled from your phone. I've been massively underwhelmed with it and am currently on hold with youfibre to talk about getting is changed.

I’m not sure how comprehensive or trustworthy that is. It just says download 984Mbps and upload 955Mbps. It never changes.
I use my own router and I get, on average, similar speeds when run from my gigabit ethernet connected pc.

I get better speeds when I use the (my) on-router speed test.

What were you expecting?

I know Youfibre offers a few different routers and I plan to ask for a specific router when I order from them. Does anyone know if the Arris router or the Eero router allows us to create a 2.4ghz and 5ghz network?
The Eero doesn't or rather youfibre don't let you. Youfibre lock the Eero app down to just basic settings. You can change subnet and DNS server and that's about it. No parental controls or QoS.

I can see why but if you know what you're doing then there should be a way to get full control.

Be interesting to see if they agree to the Arris. From speaking to their support team they told me the Arris is only for the 500mb and below packages but it seems some on the 1gb package have been given one based on this thread.

Afternoon all, Youfibre is live in my road, I'm currently with VM but looking at their "You 1000" package, My current setup is a Unify cloud key, US-8-60W switch and 4 x UAP-AC-LR access points, any recomendations on what router I should add to this please?

Thanks in advance!

Back up your cloud key. Buy a UCG Ultra and then upload your backup to the UCG ultra - sell the cloud key to some uninformed on eBay and revel at a cheap router upgrade.
Seriously though - UCG Ultra if you're UniFi inclined. It's cheap, fast and ideal for your use case as you can slim down a device as well.

Ouch! I pay £33 for 1Gig with VM!
Yeah but VM 1Gb is A-Symmetrical and the latency can be described as "moderate" on a good day.

Back up your cloud key. Buy a UCG Ultra and then upload your backup to the UCG ultra - sell the cloud key to some uninformed on eBay and revel at a cheap router upgrade.
Seriously though - UCG Ultra if you're UniFi inclined. It's cheap, fast and ideal for your use case as you can slim down a device as well.

Yeah but VM 1Gb is A-Symmetrical and the latency can be described as "moderate" on a good day.
Thanks bud, I’ve read that config restore from CK to Ultra and adopting the APs can fail and require a physical reset to fix, some of my APs aren’t in the most easiest places to get to so need to have a good read up before I order the ultra I think

Thanks bud, I’ve read that config restore from CK to Ultra and adopting the APs can fail and require a physical reset to fix, some of my APs aren’t in the most easiest places to get to so need to have a good read up before I order the ultra I think
As you have a CK already you can easily SSH into the APs. Also if you were to forget APs from current controller, it resets them and new UCG could adopt.

Always more than 1 way to flay the feline.

Where is the best place to pick one of these up? Prices seem to vary and Amazon don’t look great even with Prime
I tend to buy direct from Ubiquiti unless there's a significant saving to be had elsewhere. There's also a Facebook group where items tend to go for cheap.

Be interesting to see if they agree to the Arris. From speaking to their support team they told me the Arris is only for the 500mb and below packages but it seems some on the 1gb package have been given one based on this thread
That's interesting. I was given one as a new 1G customer, but as I'd already said I wasn't going to use it to the engineer, perhaps he thought it didn't matter?

I don't use it myself, but a friend has YF 1G (again supplied with the Arris router) and while testing, we were able to get 900Mbps+ out of the wifi on it, which I thought a very fair achievement. Certainly, it'll be good enough for what he needs.

That's interesting. I was given one as a new 1G customer, but as I'd already said I wasn't going to use it to the engineer, perhaps he thought it didn't matter?

I don't use it myself, but a friend has YF 1G (again supplied with the Arris router) and while testing, we were able to get 900Mbps+ out of the wifi on it, which I thought a very fair achievement. Certainly, it'll be good enough for what he needs.
I may have to get back in touch with Youfibre then.

I can confirm that you can separate the 2.4 and 5ghz channels and have 2 SSID on the arris router. You have to disable "wifi home" for this to work though (not obvious to discover)

So i had youfibre for a bit over a year and had 0 issues. Decent speed/price.
I was even impressed how good they were when it came to needing to leave contract early when i moved to a location they are not at. I had 0 exit fees and an apology. Would deffo use again

Back
Top Bottom