YouFibre

Soldato
Well I'm all booked in for Monday the 22nd of July!
Engineer just left I did a Speedtest next to the router and the stats said 600 down 700 up

He said it needs 48 hours to settle down!

Am I supposed to leave their router attached or can I put the UCG-Ultra I’ve got in tonight?

This just through on email:

Please do not move your router after install and leave it turned on. This will let us gradually adjust your speed for the first 14 days, until it's as fast as possible.

Last edited:
Soldato
Engineer just left I did a Speedtest next to the router and the stats said 600 down 700 up

He said it needs 48 hours to settle down!

Am I supposed to leave their router attached or can I put the UCG-Ultra I’ve got in tonight?

This just through on email:
It's probably got to do with them verifying everything is working as intended, before a customer potentially messes it up by playing. FTTP has no training period like copper lines, as far as i know.

Last edited:
Caporegime
"A Speedtest next to the router" implies Wi-Fi, so 600Mbps is more than acceptable.

The bit about leaving the router where it is will be related to Wi-Fi optimisation.

Last edited:
Soldato
"A Speedtest next to the router" implies Wi-Fi, so 600Mbps is more than acceptable.

The bit about leaving the router where it is will be related to Wi-Fi optimisation.
Yes bud, on my iPhone, I'll take my laptop down and hard wire to it and see now that I've finished work calls etc

Just did a cabled test -

Last edited:
Associate
Yes bud, on my iPhone, I'll take my laptop down and hard wire to it and see now that I've finished work calls etc

Just did a cabled test -
This is amazing. I can’t wait till they are live in my area. I’m struggling on like 30+mbps internet through Sky. This is with 5 people in the household as well. Absolute pain.

maj

maj

Soldato
For some reason there doesn't seem to be an option to share result in the speedtest app so it can be posted on a forum.

Been getting nowhere with Youfibre support who are saying that the wifi speeds are acceptable on the eero. Based on wifi5 and with phone in same room as router would you say 330 up and down is fine like they say? Speed will vary that's just what I'm getting today. I know I won't get 1gb on WiFi just wondering if I'm expect too much.

Just put a switch in etc they keep saying. Yes I'm in a position to do so but not all their customers will be able to or be able to run ethernet to every room. Not every device can be hard wired.

I do get close to 1gb wired to give them some credit.

Back
Top Bottom