Young Drivers Test - Silverstone July 17-19th 2013

Soldato
McLaren too honourable to not use one of their race drivers for this test (nearly every other team has at least one race driver attending)

Shooting themselves in the foot again it seems

Man of Honour
OP
Compared to Redbull/Toro Rosso who are running so many drivers it will be hard to know what info to take from them? I don't think what Mclaren have done is a problem, as the test drivers are sat in the simulator more than the race drivers so can be more useful to compare? Ferrari only have Massa and not Alonso too.

Updated the OP with all drivers now and some links. Please post any live blog links and I'll add them :)

Soldato
Silverstone have a list of what drivers are on what days under spectator info.

They also mention the track is only open to spectators between Abbey and Copse

Soldato
McLaren too honourable to not use one of their race drivers for this test (nearly every other team has at least one race driver attending)

Shooting themselves in the foot again it seems

I doubt they are being honourable, more likely the race drivers can't be bothered :)

Soldato
Updated the OP with all drivers now and some links. Please post any live blog links and I'll add them :)

Just having a read of the SkySports link regarding the non-race drivers, it is generally pretty positive about the drivers listing their accomplishments, then you get to Cecotto...

Johnny Cecotto
The Venezuelan tested for the Italian team at last year's Young Driver test and gets another chance at Silverstone this week. The 23-year-old is currently competing in GP2 with Arden International but has been comprehensively outperformed by rookie team-mate Mitch Evans. Cecotto has also been involved in multiple on-track incidents this season and was banned from the second race in Monaco after causing a 14-car crash in race one. He currently sits 14th in the Drivers' Championship.

:D

Back
Top Bottom