Young Drivers Test - Silverstone July 17-19th 2013

Soldato
Apparently Weber isn't driving now. Silverstone have Ricciardo listed for Red bull tomorrow afternoon instead, although he is also listed for Torro Rosso tomorrow afternoon...

smr

smr

Soldato
Yep Webber out.

"Just to confirm if you missed our earlier message, in wake of a brief press release from Red Bull, Mark Webber will indeed not now be in action this week after Daniel Ricciardo's appearance was moved to tomorrow afternoon."

Caporegime
A sign that Kimi is on the way out of Lotus and they don't want him to know about any updates?

This sprung to mind for me too. There line about saying that "now they understand the restrictions on using race drivers" doesn't really hold water, as everyone knew the restrictions weeks ago.

I think its the same deal with both Webber and Kimi. No point in running drivers who are leaving, much better to run development drivers or prospective replacements.

Man of Honour
OP
Today's Times (added to OP)

Code:
[b]Pos Driver 		Car 			Best time 	Laps 	Diff[/b]
1 Kevin Magnussen 	McLaren-Mercedes  	1’33.602 	33 	
2 Paul di Resta 	Force India-Mercedes  	1’33.774 	14 	0.172
3 Antonio Felix da Costa Red Bull-Renault  	1’33.821 	31 	0.219
4 James Calado 		Force India-Mercedes  	1’33.986 	37 	0.384
5 Daniel Juncadella 	Williams-Renault  	1’34.098 	38 	0.496
6 Johnny Cecotto Jnr 	Toro Rosso-Ferrari  	1’34.193 	39 	0.591
7 Robin Frijns 		Sauber-Ferrari  	1’34.236 	36 	0.634
8 Nicolas Prost 	Lotus-Renault  		1’34.810 	34 	1.208
9 Davide Rigon 		Ferrari  		1’34.874 	32 	1.272
10 Alexander Rossi 	Caterham-Renault  	1’35.651 	40 	2.049
11 Tio Ellinas 		Marussia-Cosworth  	1’36.676 	41 	3.074
12 Max Chilton 		Marussia-Cosworth  	1’38.347 	23 	4.745
http://www.f1fanatic.co.uk/2013/07/17/magnussen-leads-di-resta-on-day-one-of-test/

Soldato
The Williams chap is getting a run tomorrow as well after Pastor has a play with the tyres. I guess that should give us something to compare against, as todays time is pretty good.

Caporegime
This sprung to mind for me too. There line about saying that "now they understand the restrictions on using race drivers" doesn't really hold water, as everyone knew the restrictions weeks ago.

I think its the same deal with both Webber and Kimi. No point in running drivers who are leaving, much better to run development drivers or prospective replacements.

This isn't it at all, the cars are so limited in a tyre test there is simply no useful data to be gathered, it completely backs up that Merc gained nothing. We've got big teams and big drivers NOT testing because what they can gain from a worse/test driver with full testing possible on the car is so significant compared to a top/current driver with basically no testing possible in the car.

Merc gained nothing, its utterly worthless to the team to run a same single setup with no tweaking and no comparing parts. Its so pointless RBR and Lotus now won't bother because they know real testing and comparing parts its whats required.

Just goes to show the punishment is a joke as RBR are flat out agreeing that a tyre test with a full driver and current car gains them nothing.

Soldato
This isn't it at all, the cars are so limited in a tyre test there is simply no useful data to be gathered, it completely backs up that Merc gained nothing.

********. Mercedes had a closed test with, to my knowledge, no FIA officials to regulate the test. In this test there are the prying eyes of every other teams, pouring over the cars and garages with cameras, and FIA officials. You can't compare this test to the Barcelona test because they're both tracks and black Pirelli things were stuck on each corner of the car.

Even if Mercedes stuck to the same rules used here (no set up changes), which I simply refuse to believe, then they gained by having at least one uncomfortable driver making himself more comfortable by driving lots of laps.

Back
Top Bottom