Your current Fish tank Setups!

Soldato
I was able to get all the old media in the new filterit just required some cutting... But it's in there...

I'm going to get a new filter tomorrow and try my luck. If I'm going through this now despite the cycled media I may as well do it now... The flow rate isn't brilliant and all the reviews say how cack it is.

I just wish I'd had time to do this change properly

Soldato
Ordered all my plants, so hopefully I can finally setup my tank on Tuesday.

Still not figured out what CO2 to get yet, but that can wait another day or 2.

Soldato
Hi guys, I went with the Fluval u2.

My options where very limited and while its probably more powerful than I need its doing a fine job in comparison with the stock filter. Done a 50% water change and the survivors all seem much happier, haven't lost anymore yet.

@b0rn2sk8 The ph did seem off but was repeated... Could my test kit have gone bad?

Soldato
Anyone got experience moving to a bigger pond? Im going from about 500L to 1300. Will it still crash if I move the water, filter and plants across and wipe my goldfish out? :p

Last edited:
Soldato
Anyone got experience moving to a bigger pond? Im going from about 500L to 1300. Will it still crash if I move the water, filter and plants across and wipe my goldfish out? :p

There is a pond thread somewhere.

Most of the bacteria will be in your filters, i think goldfish are generally un killable so even if you leave them in the sun for a bit whilst you
Fill your new pond you should be fine :)

Best of discarding all the water, i moved my parents koi 30 miles when they moved. Put them in barrells straight into a new pond with the same filter, new/fresh dechlorinated water and we didnt loose anything.

If you want to get rid of them see if a lfs will take them!

Soldato
Naa I dont want to get of them :)

The pond is being built pretty much next to the old one (old one will be removed) so pumping the water across is np. Saves on water bills

Soldato
Naa I dont want to get of them :)

The pond is being built pretty much next to the old one (old one will be removed) so pumping the water across is np. Saves on water bills

Trouble is you wil be stirring up so much crap doing it that you will regrett not just replacing the water.

Unless you can set up some kind of filter on the pump line to catch all the detritus before it reaches the new pond.

Soldato
Soldato
Don’t buy that, it isn’t dual stage and could end up gassing your fish when the tank runs low.

Search for ‘CO2 end of tank dump’

Note that listing says ‘dual gauge’ that isn’t the same thing as dual stage.

a good quality dual stage regulator costs about £100, most go for the CO2 Art kit, it’s really good quality.

https://www.co2art.eu/collections/complete-co2-systems

I have an older version for a few years and it’s been great.

Soldato
So retested my water levels...

Ph - 6.6
Ammonia - 0.25ppm
Nitrite - 0ppm
Nitrate -10ppm

Things seem to be improving, the fish still seem much happier in general...

Soldato
Started planting today.

oYpXuB1.jpg

Unfortunately I didn't soak the bog wood for long enough and it's started to float.

079VZ39.jpg

Hopefully finish filling it tomorrow, also hoping to grab a CO2 canister.

Soldato
Well, built a whole 1000ltr patio pond today and filled it. 5 goldfish (and somehow 2 wagtail platies which are schooling with the goldfish) moved from my small pond and they look quite excited :p

Back
Top Bottom