Your current Fish tank Setups!

Soldato
If the sump ends up being too small I can swap it out in the future. It must have been designed with the Nyos Skimmer and reactor in mind. The main thing now is I'll soon be back in the game!

Holy crap just looked and see how small the sump is, no need for it to be so tiny!

Also i dont wana pick holes in something you like but its too short, once you add a lid it ruins the “look down” angle so having it so low means you need to bend down to see it.

(Before you say i dont need a lid. Trust me get a lid lol)

Soldato
Holy crap just looked and see how small the sump is, no need for it to be so tiny!

Also i dont wana pick holes in something you like but its too short, once you add a lid it ruins the “look down” angle so having it so low means you need to bend down to see it.

(Before you say i dont need a lid. Trust me get a lid lol)

The sump is similar in size to the Red Sea Reefer 250, so I'm not overly concerned about that.

I don't mind a lower down tank, I had my innovative marine one on a TV stand and I liked it low. The lid situation is something I'll have to consider, I got a custom one made for my old cube and it totally ruined the look. The only tanks I see that don't look crap with a lid is the red sea s class aquariums. But they are ridiculously expensive.

Soldato
I can put you in touch with reeftops guy rebel, you can have the top the way you want it.

As spook says the reeftops lids are great even if i had a bad experience with mine it worked out great in the end.

From reading about the tank the sump is sized for a nyos 120, thats the bottom of the range one, doesnt even have a drain on the cup.

Still worst case scenarao my sump cost £80 so its not the end of the world to get a tank you like.

@rebel rebel Does it use a stupid diaphragm valve on the downpipe do you know?

Soldato
As spook says the reeftops lids are great even if i had a bad experience with mine it worked out great in the end.

From reading about the tank the sump is sized for a nyos 120, thats the bottom of the range one, doesnt even have a drain on the cup.

Still worst case scenarao my sump cost £80 so its not the end of the world to get a tank you like.

@rebel rebel Does it use a stupid diaphragm valve on the downpipe do you know?

Sorry just saw this, yeah if I need to get a bigger sump I will. In the grand scheme of things it's not a massive expense.

I'm not sure what you call the stuff on the pipes.. my cube had xaquas and my IM was an aio.

Here's a vid of an unboxing...

Soldato
Tanks turned up, also went out and bought a bit of wood.

NKRInnC.jpg

Need to get my butt in gear now and order some substrate and plants.

Any idea on what I can put under the tank though, it came with a bit of white styrofoam, but I want something that won't stand out so much, or fall to bits.

Soldato
Tanks turned up, also went out and bought a bit of wood.

NKRInnC.jpg

Need to get my butt in gear now and order some substrate and plants.

Any idea on what I can put under the tank though, it came with a bit of white styrofoam, but I want something that won't stand out so much, or fall to bits.

You not got an old desk matt knocking about and cut to size :)

Soldato
Hi guys
Looking for abit of advice. I looking at getting in the fish hobby, I have always wanted my own fish tank I have set my eyes on buying the Fluval Roma 125 full setup.

The setup will be tropical fish for a guy that hasn't owned a fish tank before what is the best advice you guys can give?

I ask here because looking back over some of these setups it really shows you all know what you doing haa excellent setups.

Soldato
For tropical aways had luck with the bacteria in a bottle type deal.

The romas are good tanks, altho id get rid of the internal filter and put a canister in the stand

Associate
Have you been there recently?

Is a shame the marine section is slowly dying, they have 20% off most of their stock now

Not for a few weeks. I;ve only been going there since July when we bought our 180l tank from them, and they were great, gave us almost £90 discount.

Was the marine bit a lot bigger, it looked quite sparse but then i don't know what it used to be like.

Soldato
Not for a few weeks. I;ve only been going there since July when we bought our 180l tank from them, and they were great, gave us almost £90 discount.

Was the marine bit a lot bigger, it looked quite sparse but then i don't know what it used to be like.

It was the same size but the guy who ran it passed away recently and they had no one to really look after it for 6 Months or so. They have a young guy in there now who seems to know his stuff and wants to help you out but its very empty, even the display tank has been taken down. They said it was due to the heatwave we had but along with the sales they are having etc i think otherwise.

Soldato
I've been advised to look at the dd reef pro instead of the nyos. As its cheaper, you can get a dd 900 and 2 lights for the same money. And I could get it a lot sooner than the Nyos. And as mentioned above, the sump is a real issue. So I now have a week to decide..

Soldato
Afternoon guys,

So had a right bit of faff yesterday, the Fluval edge cracked and started peeing water out like crazy, so had to go and grab a new tank from Pets at Home with it being the closest.

Ended up with the 60litre I love Fish curved front glass tank for £90 with an in store offer, I've got all my cycled media stuffed into the filter that came with the tank however the stock filter is meant to be absolute rubbish.

Can you guys recommend and absolutely stonking filter suitable for the 60litre tank?

Also I've switched substrate from sand to fine gravel and having difficulty getting my plant to stay put... can I add planted substrate into a full tank in the targeted area or would a plant weight do the trick?

Back
Top Bottom