Your experience with OLED burn-in

Soldato
Well my C8 has developed a bit of image burn in, Mrs had the snooker on and fell asleep with it on with her usual afternoon cat nap, the score board at bottom of table is showing up, not noticeable on normal viewing as of yet but seen it when on the lg app store which is like pinky/red background :(:(

Associate
Well my C8 has developed a bit of image burn in, Mrs had the snooker on and fell asleep with it on with her usual afternoon cat nap, the score board at bottom of table is showing up, not noticeable on normal viewing as of yet but seen it when on the lg app store which is like pinky/red background :(:(

SPOOK! I wouldn't worry too much, you can always get another. The wife i mean.

I can imagine a lot of people fall asleep to the snooker.

Soldato

runs pixel refresh

if that fails, just use the TV and enjoy it or buy a new one, the C8 is about at that age now where a upgrade is not a bad choice. I wouldn't expect to go longer than 3 years on average if you're gonna be using the TV with fixed elements like scoreboards

Soldato
I have been using Oleds for about 6 years now and have not had any burn in on any of my tv’s and mine get used for just about everything. Not saying it does not exist but I think it’s maybe a dodgy panel from the start that makes it more susceptible to burn in ?

Soldato
runs pixel refresh

if that fails, just use the TV and enjoy it or buy a new one, the C8 is about at that age now where a upgrade is not a bad choice. I wouldn't expect to go longer than 3 years on average if you're gonna be using the TV with fixed elements like scoreboards
I do, I won't be getting a new one just yet, just bought a cx one for my pc, I would like 5 years out of it, got other things to buy first like a new fish tank which costs more than the tv :eek:

Associate
I slashed her house keep for a month :D
Thats pretty tame, in my house, causing screen burn...
0ieq6KL.png
0ieq6KL

Associate
I bought a 55” B7 pretty much on release and it’s now suffering from screen burn, John Lewis obviously not interested, I did try to argue that the additional warranty they offer now wasn’t an option at the time of purchase so I didn’t even have a choice but no…

Currently discussing a discounted panel replacement with LG, waiting for a final confirmation.

Back
Top Bottom