Your favourite chilli sauce is?

Associate
Its not so much chilli sauce, but theres a cheap brand at Morrisons called Laila that have 1 litre bottles of sweet chilli, and chilli and garlic sauces and they taste exactly as they should for dipping sauces.

Soldato
I made up my own sauce tonight, it’s a little bit too runny so will have to tweak it next time but it certainly packs a punch and was rather tasty if I say so myself.

Took about 10-15 to make. Cut top, throw a load of them in a pot, few garlic cloves, spoon full of honey, salt and xanthan gum, splash of cider vinegar. Boil it, then simmer for a 5. Blend it and job done.

Soldato
Econa is not a bad staple if you're talking about thier standard hot sauce.
It's just not particularly interesting so it's good to splosh a bit into spag bol or a pasta dish or a bit on a pizza to zing it up a bit.

Thier carolina reaper is better IMO as its got more flavor to it rather than just being hot.
Equally a lot of the smaller aristan chilli sauce companies to some really interesting flavours.
East Coast chilli companies honey soy sauce (I think it's called midnight 21)is one example of probably hundreds..
It's pretty hot but you can also taste the soy sauce and the honey quite strongly, so maybe more suited to an oriental style dish or just for dipping.

I suppose it depends what you're doing with the sauce... Plain hot chilli sauce has it's place if you just want to add some heat but there are lots of interesting others.

Soldato
Chilli sauce should hopefully be made up of self preserves.

The chilli peppers themselves are not friendly to bacteria! Throw in some extra preservatives such as sugar and salt.

And it will never really go off. You may have to skim the top layer off if it gets a bit fluffy ;)

Soldato
Sean Evans Reveals the Season 16 Hot Sauce Lineup | Hot Ones

Season 16 kicks off Thursday, September 23, at 11am EST with a VERY special guest taking on the wings of death in the Hot Ones studio with Sean Evans. And you know what that means: a new starting lineup of hot sauces makes its way to the table. This season is all about the Scoville symphony—from a Honduran chocolate ghost pepper sauce, to the return of The Classic: Garlic Fresno Edition, to a sauce featuring strawberry and coconut. And, needless to say, it packs some serious heat. Plus: Camera Guy Bill takes it back to the ’90s!

Associate
I very much enjoy the Encona standard sauce as a staple.

I often see large bottles of the Flying Goose Sirachi Hot Chilli Sauce in the supermarket...does anyone have any experience with it?

Back
Top Bottom