Your first crash

Sui

Sui

Soldato
Mine was within 6 months of passing, driving to school (6th Form).

Turn into the school and there's a short hill with parked cars to the left, top of the hill a roundabout. Imagine my surprise when out of nowhere there's a car coming the wrong way round said roundabout straight across the front of me because they didn't want to wait for a car to reverse out a parking space!

Managed to stop but she kept going, had a little scrape across my bumper. Nothing major, just sheer confusion as to what she was doing.

Caporegime
Touch wood, bar a few blowouts (both car and truck related) I'm yet to have a crash.

Things like this thread though always make me think of my friend Lee, he hit a parked HGV which was coupled to a shipping container, somehow he walked away from this without a scratch!

Caporegime
Is that the lorry which was repaired and everyone was awe struck by it?

MooMoo444;30485811 said:
I like how you block out the plate in every pic except the final one ;)

I added the last picture once I had stopped caring if people on the internet saw my numberplate. ;)

Caporegime
Driving merrily along a road and a woman pulled straight out of a junction in to the side of me. Knocked me in to oncoming traffic.
She then left her car and fled the scene only to return 45 minutes later...she'd been to deliver a Chinese takeaway.

It then went down a very dodgy insurance path where her husband claimed she didn't speak English and so was writing all correspondence for her. It was entirely.made up and some things.not even physically possible. For example he claimed I'd hit her...all the damage was to the side of my car and the front nearside of hers
I'd have had to have been reversing along a busy road.

Caporegime
5 mile an hour bump in a Morrisons car park about a year after I passed. I did nearly ditch my car 1 week after passing my test when a black audi A4 pulled out of T junction in the middle of the night with no lights on. Luckily it was a main road so there was plenty of drainage I could run off onto otherwise it would have been a 70 mph T-Bone.

I have been in plenty of passenger crashes during my teenager year though!

Caporegime
adam cool dude;30485955 said:
I have been in plenty of passenger crashes during my teenager year though!

That is precisely why I never let anyone drive me anywhere when I was a teenager. I either drove myself, or went on the train. I avoided being a passenger in a couple of crashes because of my stubbornness!

Man of Honour
Coming up to a junction, woman pulled off in front while I was approaching. Looked to the right to check if it was clear but she'd stalled and I went right in to the back of her. Her car was fine but made a right mess of mine

Totally my fault. 6 years ago :eek:

Don
14 years ago driving home with a friend late at night and I was approaching a bend in a small village, cars were parked on the opposite side of the road, I saw lights of an approaching car but didn't think anything of it as it was my right way, before I knew it, BANG, hit us head on. I was in an '88 Polo which took it quite well as it turns out he was going around 60mph (in a 30 zone). I was going 30mph, he hit us that hard it pushed my car into wall that got demolished!

He got a £250 fine and had to retake his test, I'm still plagued by my injury now!

Man of Honour
Back in 2005 I think? About 130/140 ish on the Autobahn when someone decided to pull out on me doing about 80.

DSC00042.jpg

b2870333.jpg

DSC00040.jpg

That's not me by the way, it's one of the recovery men I think.

Man of Honour
Andybtsn;30486073 said:
14 years ago driving home with a friend late at night and I was approaching a bend in a small village, cars were parked on the opposite side of the road, I saw lights of an approaching car but didn't think anything of it as it was my right way, before I knew it, BANG, hit us head on. I was in an '88 Polo which took it quite well as it turns out he was going around 60mph (in a 30 zone). I was going 30mph, he hit us that hard it pushed my car into wall that got demolished!

He got a £250 fine and had to retake his test, I'm still plagued by my injury now!

WOW!

I'm amazed you even got out of that looking at where you would have been sat

Caporegime
17, girl in the car. She kept refusing to put her seatbelt on. I turned around for the 3rd time to tell her to do so. Clipped the car, at maybe 50-60. Car spun, went straight into a lampost. She smashed her face off the dash board. Wouldn't speak, I thought she was dead, while the engine is lying on the floor and a huge smell of petrol coming from everwhere. Don't think I've been that scared since. Most gutting is we were heading off to a 'secluded' place. :(

She tried to sue me a few months later :p

Jeez Andybtsn - so luck your alive. Wow.

Don
Steedie;30486110 said:
WOW!

I'm amazed you even got out of that looking at where you would have been sat

Haha, yeah, to be honest it was just the whole dash that was moved forward which nicely shattered my knee cap! Broke my arm, sternum, teeth, other cuts and bruises but yeah I was lucky! It looks worse as the firemen cut the roof off, I'll never forget the pain when they got me out and and my knee left straightened, bork.

Soldato
Jesus you are lucky Andybtsn!

In the car nothing major, not my fault anyway... in 2014 drunk driver crossed 3 lanes into the side of the MX5, just needed a new wing, also had some woman rear end the MX5 but wasn't worth sorting anything.

On the bike.... 2009, first big accident, minor bike ones don't count....ha!
1934374_145786891411_1024909_n_zpsr5bsl76q.jpg

Image0036.jpg

Most of this damage was done by my leg...
99E23029-0FAC-4F58-93D9-641D0AD23DE0_zpsypipg74g.jpg

Pinned Ulna
Bone-xray.jpg

F52B078A-B237-4E2D-8CDF-809A044A7697_zpsezt2uhne.jpg

Snapped Femur
139C75F3-1292-49C0-B0C1-384E55896DEA_zpsfqbvvj3y.jpg

Pinned Femur
IMG_0170-1.jpg

And a month after the 2014 first minor car accident this one happened on the bike, which most of you have seen the video anyway :D
35147FBA-76BB-4775-A4CB-E69AA8013E45_zpsghc61epc.jpg

Soldato
My first one was into the side of an ambulance of all things! I was on way to work went through a junction with the lights on green. Could hear some sirens but couldn't see any as there's a building on the corner of the junction. Got out onto the junction doing about 20mph ambulance shot past and i skidded into the side of it. my corsa was a funny shape, the ambulance didn't have a scratch. went down as 50/50 claim

Back
Top Bottom