Your first post on these forums

Caporegime
Hello centurions and legionary alike! Nice arm guards :cool:

Even though history is not a real thing and all events happen at all places and at the same time - like trees and their bonkers circles which tell you how old they are, even though you can see how old they are, whoops, try again Mother Nature, you lose - some forums have so-called "time stamps" and "dates" and other outdated concepts of how time works in relation to action and deeds. One such of the time to the detail is that of when your first post. For example and e to the g:

I don't even remember what my 7600GT looked like :(

What did your first post look like and would you today cuddle or pillow-kill it?

x

Caporegime
OP
The clunky way is to click on your own name in this thread and then on 'Find all threads by [your name here]' at the bottom of the pop-up which appears. There's probably a sharper way of doing it but *shrugs*

Kol

Kol

Man of Honour
The clunky way is to click on your own name in this thread and then on 'Find all threads by [your name here]' at the bottom of the pop-up which appears. There's probably a sharper way of doing it but *shrugs*

Top right, search by your name, then when it loads the most recent 25 pages of results, click 'Search After' and keep going until it get to no more results, click back and choose the final page.

Caporegime
OP
Top right, search by your name, then when it loads the most recent 25 pages of results, click 'Search After' and keep going until it get to no more results, click back and choose the final page.
Good catch, I was mixing up my 'how to find your own threads' and 'how to find your own posts' which is what this thread is about. Thanks Kol.

Caporegime
My first post

Been reading these forums for ages, and you lot seem very knowledgable so i'd like your advice pls.

My system specs are:

Q6600 (stock speed)
Gigabyte G31 mobo
Arctic cooling freezer pro
2GB Corsair DDR2 RAM
EVGA GTS8800 512MB
250GB Seagate Barracuda HDD
Corsair HX620W PSU
Win Vista 32bit

I like playing games like FSX with all the FPS demanding add on scenery and environments, Napoleon: Total War and COD. TBH, i'm struggling a bit.

I dont want an i5 or i7 just yet. I want to wait till spring next year and build a new sandybridge system when I have more disposable income. But for now I need more performance.

What improvements could I make for around £300 to this system that will keep me going nicely with these games till spring at a res of 1920X1080?

Soldato
https://forums.overclockers.co.uk/posts/15615175

Hi folks,

I just purchased the Thermaltake Element G case (delivery tomorrow) and realised I did not think everything through. :o

I have a OCZ Vendetta 2 CPU cooler and I wanted to know if anyone knew if it would fit into the Element G with the side fan on the case.

I would rather not have to buy a new cooler as the Vendetta performs very well and is very quiet.

Thanks

EDIT:Information for anyone with the same setup: It works plenty of room and the exhaust above the vendetta works wonders for the cpu temp.

What a typical noob I was. :D

I still have this case, none of the fans or lights work though. Done well for 11 years.

Soldato
Mine was actually in Motors, outing a member called gavsta1981. He'd posted in the "Show us your motors" thread claiming an Aston Martin as his "runabout".

His real name was Gavin Pollen, a former Jeremy Kyle guest & fantasist. His friend was a high-end car detailer and dear ol Gav would snap a pic with it and claim ownership.

He'd been on several car forums lying and making up stories, most banned him. On one forum (that no longer exists unfortunately) he was that ridiculed for some of his lies that if you got cuahgt lying on the forum you got your avatar changed to a pic of him, called the 'Gavin Award' for a month.

Back
Top Bottom