Your motoring irritations

Soldato
Well that's a shame because it's hardly the safest way to drive is it.

In all fairness, you must look pretty daft if you're seriously blatting up the inside with your grumpy face on.

Caporegime
No I'm in the left hand lane, pottering down the motorway at normal speeds. Approaching numpties in the middle lane doing their own thing -> just carry on past them in the left hand lane rather than crossing into the right hand lane to cross back to the left hand lane.

I usually give them a wave or a smile just to let the know I think they're a retard.

Man of Honour
No I'm in the left hand lane, pottering down the motorway at normal speeds. Approaching numpties in the middle lane doing their own thing -> just carry on past them in the left hand lane rather than crossing into the right hand lane to cross back to the left hand lane.

I usually give them a wave or a smile just to let the know I think they're a retard.

It's even better when you drive past those middle laners and they flash/honk at you for 'undertaking'.

alx

alx

Soldato
Moronic driving instructors who cut you up because they think the 'left only' lane on a roundabout also means you can also go straight on.

Associate
Seeing a lot of this as of late:

Lack of lane discipline at roundabouts. There's one near where I live, and people in the left lane (going straight ahead) don't follow the road on the outside, instead drive straight and consequently drive into the outer lane traffic.

Just lazy gits who can't be bothered to steer...

Associate
I know this is a classic scenario but I was driving into Manchester a few nights ago, and there is a stretch of the A580 that (because of roadworks) is currently down to one lane and 30MPH.

There were signs about the lane closures well in advance and everyone had joined the first lane in good time. Everyone, that is, but a white Audi TT that shot down the second lane and budged in when he ran out of road.

I’m just sat there thinking “Yeah mate, we’re using this lane for fun”.

Man of Honour
-Blocking roundabouts preventing other vehicles from going straight across (i.e. you are at 6 o'clock, wanting to go straight over to 12 o'clock, giving way to traffic coming from 3 o'clock, but it is all backed up on the 9 o'clock exit they want to get to so they are just parked on the roundabout in front of you)
-Pedestrians meandering in the road in car parks, sometimes 3 abreast instead of single file
-Drivers not giving way to pedestrians at zebra crossings (worst in car parks but it happens elsewhere)
-Lack of indication (most annoying at roundabouts where you are giving way to the right but they then just turn off at your exit anyway without indicating so you 'could have gone' had you known... point made earlier about waiting for them to turn is valid of course but a headsup would be nice)
-Impatient drivers tailgating and flashing others who are overtaking but not fast enough for their liking (i.e. somebody is overtaking at 80mph, car comes up behind in a huff considering it a crime for anyone to be doing less than 90). I'm not talking about people just sat in the outside lane, but genuine overtaking manouveurs
-Pushing in in queues without waiting to be let in (see lane closure thing above)

Back
Top Bottom