Your Neighbours

HC1

HC1

Permabanned
OP
Just hit them all with your baseball bat.

In an ideal world it would be lovely if I could bish bash bosh my way through the neighbourhood with a caveman club and rid my area of all the undesirables but please don't put ideas into my head as I'm very easily influenced and I've got a short fuse lol (whistle) :p

Soldato
I get on well with my neighbours, in as much as I'm nodding acquaintances with them and we take parcels in for each other.

I've carefully cultivated the expectation with them all that I say hi, and we exchange a few words as we encounter each other, but I don't stop for chit chat and I'm not interested in gossip.

That's as neighbourly as I want things to be.

Soldato
Proper nightmare? Elderly folk can be a bit set in their old-fashioned ways and curtain twitch a bit much too much sometimes but I bet you don't have many actual problems with your neighbours other than them snooping on you from their window? I'd rather have elderly neighbours than younger ones that's for sure.

When I say a proper nightmare:

1. Reported me during lockdown for having someone round - I did, an emergency glazier to replace a shattered bathroom window.
2. Reported me for "running a mechanic business" from my house - Friends come to me to fix/fit bits, no charge just doing what friends do (well they usually bring me breakfast/lunch)
3. Reported me for running an AirBnB - I had friends from overseas staying for a week
4. Shouted at my kids & tole them they should play indoors and not in our back garden during the summer weather which upset my then 5yr old daughter and she didn't want to go out.
5. Despite most houses around here being extended, went on a leafletting campaign to object to my opposite neighbours single storey extension.
6. Called the fire brigade to the same neighbour's house because they dared to have a party and fireworks display on Nov 5th
7. Openly called my asian neighbour a peadophile because he gave my kids some sweets (being Muslim his family can't eat gelatine so gave the sweets they were gifted to my kids)
8. Placed tacks under my wife's tyres (seen by a neighbour who cleared them up) because she dared to park 2 inches over the "property line" outside their house (on the public road)

Is 8 enough examples?

HC1

HC1

Permabanned
OP

1. Reported me during lockdown for having someone round - I did, an emergency glazier to replace a shattered bathroom window.
2. Reported me for "running a mechanic business" from my house - Friends come to me to fix/fit bits, no charge just doing what friends do (well they usually bring me breakfast/lunch)
3. Reported me for running an AirBnB - I had friends from overseas staying for a week
4. Shouted at my kids & tole them they should play indoors and not in our back garden during the summer weather which upset my then 5yr old daughter and she didn't want to go out.
5. Despite most houses around here being extended, went on a leafletting campaign to object to my opposite neighbours single storey extension.
6. Called the fire brigade to the same neighbour's house because they dared to have a party and fireworks display on Nov 5th
7. Openly called my asian neighbour a peadophile because he gave my kids some sweets (being Muslim his family can't eat gelatine so gave the sweets they were gifted to my kids)
8. Placed tacks under my wife's tyres (seen by a neighbour who cleared them up) because she dared to park 2 inches over the "property line" outside their house (on the public road)

Is 8 enough examples?

Fair enough. That's extreme behaviour and way over the top!

Soldato

Is 8 enough examples?

That is a proper nightmare.

With people like this, I think you have to hang on and wait for nature to take it's course.

If they're elderly it shouldn't take too long, and when one goes first, the other one might calm down a bit.

Last edited:

HC1

HC1

Permabanned
OP
I'm starting to think that you are the cantankerous old, curtain twitching, intolerant neighbour in your scenario in all honesty.

And you'd be wrong but I'm fine letting you think that way as that's easier for me than typing a long essay trying to convince of who I am and how I act with my neighbours. The truth of the matter is that I'm actually very quiet/reclusive and none of them usually ever see me or hear me (and vice versa) and I don't give a toss what any of them are doing as long as it's not causing a disturbance to others. As I've said before out of the 8 residents in my block there's only 1 that really stands out from the crowd and is a bit wild/annoying for some of the other residents and that's because she's an alcoholic with no job who probably doesn't even know what she's doing most of the time.

Permabanned
I get on well with my neighbours, in as much as I'm nodding acquaintances with them and we take parcels in for each other.

I've carefully cultivated the expectation with them all that I say hi, and we exchange a few words as we encounter each other, but I don't stop for chit chat and I'm not interested in gossip.

That's as neighbourly as I want things to be.
This is the way

Permabanned

Is 8 enough examples?
Jesus!
Do the old Pistonheads forum trick, and at night nail frozen sausages into their lawn, be patient and wait and see what happens :D ;)

HC1

HC1

Permabanned
OP
Jesus!
Do the old Pistonheads forum trick, and at night nail frozen sausages into their lawn, be patient and wait and see what happens :D ;)

I've been thinking about this for 30 minutes to try and understand how it might be a funny thing to do and give satisfaction to the person who did it but it just seems like a waste of good meat and a dumb idea if you're already at war with angry neighbours. I don't understand the joke/humour...

Associate
I've been thinking about this for 30 minutes to try and understand how it might be a funny thing to do and give satisfaction to the person who did it but it just seems like a waste of good meat and a dumb idea if you're already at war with angry neighbours. I don't understand the joke/humour...

Dogs come by, sniff said sausages, eat them, then defecate on the lawn

Back
Top Bottom