Your perception of this community

Soldato
Just like life really, there are people who are nice, people who aren't and people who need to be locked up, either for their protection or otherwise, the only real difference is the lack of free speech.

Caporegime
When people come with a genuine isue there's plenty of help, when i was asking about advice o na pci extractor fan a member sent me one for free, i've seen people be sent specific parts for things for free, people burning steam gam es to disk and posting them for people who are bandwidth limited (but own the game on steam so they can just copy data from disk and update), and quite a few other things people have been sent to help them out (often without asking for it, they just say "help me find such and such or a solution to X" and somone offers to send it to them)

People are generraly supportive when someone has been scammed etc, and the gaming forums especially have great comunities for finding players/team mates/oponents.

GD is a great laugh but remember most of the problems posted are just ptty things soa few wil lhelp out but there's nothing really anyone can do (any advice given i nany relation ship thread etc will be ignored anyway) so everyone takes the wee a bit :D

Has it's snobs, narrow minded, egocentric, holier than thou attitudes and ill informed little Hitlers.

Then it has it's decent, friendly, highly intelligent, funny and interesting people.

Then there's Tefal.

I don't know if that's a good thing or bad thing :o

and before you ask i'm using the in game browser on steam so no spell check :o

Soldato
For the most part polite and friendly members, there are quite a few people however who use the forum to live vicarious lives of hard men/millionairs/babe magnets, when they are in fact no marks/liars/virgins.
Sometimes its funny, other times it just gets on my nips and I have to vent by taking the 575 out for a blast with my supermodel girlfriend.

Soldato
It's not my number one forum (yes, there are others!) and I'm a relative newbie. The place is a bit conservative, a few bigots here and there but then there are threads that make me laugh. I enjoy spending time in GD, The Football Stadium and Music, Books, Movies.

Don
motors forum is good, GD is generally petty and immature but usually has some funny threads, the other speciality forums are knowledgeable and I'll pop in there should the need arise

all in all still my fav forums on t'web

Man of Honour
As with real life - a small but very vocal minority tend to overshadow the more helpful, good natured members who are the real core of the community here.

Soldato
Pretty much like any other forum; there are cliques, there are morons, there are trolls, frank discussions, limited humour, rare moments of brilliance and there are plenty of disagreements.

Associate
I've been visiting and reading on this site for many years, for me it was the Holy Grail of Overclocking information wether it was for my CPU, Motherboard or Graphics card it has been invaluble in helping me and saving me money..

But my over all impression over the last few years has been "Communist China" :(

Man of Honour
I get a little narked when OcUK is singled out for race related threads because other forums often head the same way. To brand OcUK racist as a sweeping generalisation is untrue at best. How many race related threads compared to other life, sport, CPU, hardware etc etc threads ? Not many at all.

Every other forum out there has its members known for their opinions. The trollers, the keyboard warriors, the anti-immigrationers etc and we are no different in that respect.

I see a community here that gets help and advice when it wants it courtesy of some very helpful and knowledgeable folks with no thought of reward and with a sprinkling of good humour and madness to boot.

That is why, despite ups and downs aside, I enjoy being here and have done since 2004.

Back
Top Bottom