Your Top 5 Ugliest Cars

It doesn't 'look good' in white - it still looks good despite being white :p

I'm surprised to see the 5 Series getting so many mentions. I think it's a great looking car - I can understand why it might not thrill many people but the worst you can accuse it of being is bland, how on earth is it one of the top 5 most ugly cars? Surely for a car to be ugly it must have distinctive features - by definition of a bland car cannot look ugly.

Must say that I don't understand the 5 series hate either. They are very smart cars, definitely not ugly.

In my opinion a few Bimmers aren't great looking, like the GT models, the X6, and I'm not a fan of the PFL E63. The E36 Compact wasn't a looker either.

Thought of another, the MK1 Fabia. Really not a great looking car...

I simply said I didn't like it that much, not that it was an ugly car. Certainly not in the top 5, and it certainly has grown on me in my ownership though. I was more referring to my general dislike of the looks of BMW's, and the 6 is by far and away the worst looking of them (followed closely by the old 1 series, and the X1).

I also agree that it (the 5 series) looks good "despite" being white there. I do think the Sophisto Grey is the best colour for them, else I wouldn't have ordered mine in that colour. And I stand by that after nearly 3 years of ownership.

3 series compact is my most hated car... ugly or not i just hate them and cannot suss out why they was ever drawn up, never mind produced.

5 series being ugly though? lol... lovely looking cars.

-E46 3xxTi. The E36 version wasn't actually that bad looking in sports trim.
-Pre facelift F20 1 series.
-E65 Pre facelift rear end is a shocker.
-Gen 3 Lexus IS is complete :confused: from all angles.
-Nissan Juke (Can insert pretty much any small suv here as they all look silly)

3 series compact is my most hated car... ugly or not i just hate them and cannot suss out why they was ever drawn up, never mind produced.

They were ahead of their time and are basically an older generation of the 1 series but back then BMW was still a "premium" brand so they didn't sell very well where as now every tom, dick and harry wants a white 118d sport on lease.

Last edited:
They were ahead of their time and are basically an older generation of the 1 series but back then BMW was still a "premium" brand so they didn't sell very well where as now every tom, dick and harry wants a white 118d sport on lease.

True this. My dad had one and it was a great drive! Nicer inside than my current 328i too. Just remember the lovely thick carpets!

Dacia Sandero
Suzuki Celerion (had one as a courtesy car a couple of weeks ago... BARF!)
Ssanyong Rodius (Would anyone disagree??)
Smart ForTwo
Audi Q3 (I've tried, but just don't like the shape)

I don't think the Sandero could be called 'ugly' really, there isn't enough going on for it to be ugly! The Duster on the other hand! :p

I wouldn't call the Q3 ugly either, not my cup of tea either but its not vomit worthy. :)

I think the current gen 5 series and 3 series are the first BMW 3/5 since the E46/39 generation that dont look offensive. 5GT,3GT even the 4 series saloon (or what ever its called) dont look good imo. Ive never liked any of the 1 series, they just look odd.

Merc had it right with the last gen range, nice and square, the current crop just dont do anything, it could be korean! Audi have always done nice looking cars, pity they just cant make a car that rides or handles well.

But my ultimate ugliest car is the Nissan Serena, the old man owned the shocking 2.3d for a year, the slowest car in the world for a while.

Back
Top Bottom