Your WORST 10 PC Games?

Caporegime
1.Dayz standalone, mod was excellent to go from that and pay to get a worse experience takes a whole new level of stupid. the great feeling inside comes knowing that BI thought they had cleaned up with 60 million yet because they messed up so bad pubg came along and made billions. that would have been BI studios money if they didnt cheap out. must sting hard knowing that. all that pubg is is dayz mod with a circle pushing you in. even came from arma. quite funny.

2. battlefield 5 absolute dog**** in every way they took a great franchise we mostly all loved and made it beyond worse in one game. battlefield 1 wasnt great but 5 is a joke. bfbc2 was amazing 3 was decent and battlefield 4 was brilliant.

3. rainbow six seige. boring cod camp simulator. makes people think they skilled when its a camp simulator. boring.

4. project cars. kickstarter game asked for money run by morons who never listened to feedback given and if didnt agree banned you. even after the game profited with millions they started another kick starter for their next game.

5. titanfall 2. took all that was great from titanfall 1 and made it simple arcade. which ruined the whole skill element of playing it and learning.

6. black ops 4. every one here everywhere piped about how it was going to be the best thing since sliced bread. streamers paid everyone lapped it up. dead within 1 month lol.

7. csgo - basically its a spray learning simulator. people think its great when basically hit reg is poor and its just about learning unrealistic spray tactics . totally stupid overrated game which wouldnt of done any units if cod 4 promod dropped at same time as csgo.

8. H1z1 - great at the start but the devs in one update ruined the whole game. which turned the game from a great game into a stupid one. shame as it had potential. still did many things better than games like apex.

9. APEX - basically a grown up fortnite . easy BR game to sell. it kills me this comes from a team who made cod 4 which is one of the best fps titles ever but just went for the lets let less skilled people win games for cash. or people who cant win at pubg win at apex. its a dumbed down BR experience like fortnite that anyone can win with no experience. this is why so many like it as it requires no skill to do anything.

10. DOOM 4 - big budget title which for 90 percent of it its boring as hell.once you get to hell its good. should shorten it down and not drag it out.

Man of Honour
2. battlefield 5 absolute dog**** in every way they took a great franchise we mostly all loved and made it beyond worse in one game. battlefield 1 wasnt great but 5 is a joke. bfbc2 was amazing 3 was decent and battlefield 4 was brilliant.

What makes BF5 really bad for me is that you look at 1942, etc. all they had to do was build on top of what made that great and modernise some of the mechanics that are clunky, etc. and it would have been a great game.

Soldato
Oh this one is a hard question so (best of the bad) 10-1 -(worst of the worst)

10: No mans sky - doesn't need explaining but doesn't bother me too much.
09: Fallout 4 - Wasn't a very bad game but it was way to much action not enough rpg. Clearly pandering to a different audience than is interested in the game.
08: The division 2 - Took out all of the good bits that ended up implemented into the division 1 and ruined the game some more.
07: MGSV - Not too high in the list but the reason it's on here is it's the only game outside of VR to give me a headache. I can't actually play it and give an opinion because of this. So thumbs down.
06: CS:GO - I have never found a community more toxic than the people who play this "competitively"
05: Star Citizen - I have a love hate relationship with this game. I love what it wants to be but i hate Chris Roberts approach to development, lack of direction and overwhealming feature creep. This could be an amazing game but i don't see it materialising with him at the helm.
04: The dead linger - I have never seen a game with as few features and textures and map design so poor.
03: Fallout 76 - Doesn't need explaining
02: GTA V ( online specifically ) - So the single player is great but in recent years the additions made to the game *flying bikes and unavoidable orbital canons* have made the game not worth playing. Shame as the idea is very fun.
01: Dayz standalone - This is a Genre i absolutely adore. After playing thousands of hours of the mod solo and in various size groups when the standalone dropped it absolutely killed me to see just how poor it was. I don't think i could trust another game from bi OR rocket studios again because he will likely just get bored and abandon other projects going forward so he can go play mountain man.

Associate
What makes BF5 really bad for me is that you look at 1942, etc. all they had to do was build on top of what made that great and modernise some of the mechanics that are clunky, etc. and it would have been a great game.
Their idea of modernising is to streamline it to oblivion, jump on the game mechanics bandwagon (Battle Royale) when it has no place in BF, introduce SJW nonsense and refuse to implement a decent anti-cheat whilst attempting to stop any dissent on the forum about it.

Associate
I completly forgot to mention Metal Gear Solid 5. It would have been at the top of my list. How do you go from the absolute classic I played all those years back on ps1, to the complete repetitive bore fest that is metal gear solid 5. Why did it have to be an open world game where exactly everywhere is the same. Its honestly the most boring bland game I've every played.

What is the matter with a story driven play through that was mgs on the ps1 (one of the best games I've ever experienced) . On top of that the reviews for mgs5 were brilliant. Macs review at worthabuy, summed it up to a tee how I felt. The world fully baffles me at times.

Associate
09: Fallout 4 - Wasn't a very bad game but it was way to much action not enough rpg. Clearly pandering to a different audience than is interested in the game.

The latest Many a True Nerd video. https://www.youtube.com/watch? v=TJ8HBt4tM18
Fallout 4 heavily overhauled the VATS system and made it possible to play all the combat entirely in VATS, making it a completely RPG style system.
And I loved Fallout 3 (played 3 times), New Vegas (played 4 times) and Fallout 4 (played 5 times - see my Steam all achievements).

Last edited:
Associate
Oh this one is a hard question so (best of the bad) 10-1 -(worst of the worst)

10: No mans sky - doesn't need explaining but doesn't bother me too much.
08: The division 2 - Took out all of the good bits that ended up implemented into the division 1 and ruined the game some more.
07: MGSV - Not too high in the list but the reason it's on here is it's the only game outside of VR to give me a headache. I can't actually play it and give an opinion because of this. So thumbs down.
06: CS:GO - I have never found a community more toxic than the people who play this "competitively"
05: Star Citizen - I have a love hate relationship with this game. I love what it wants to be but i hate Chris Roberts approach to development, lack of direction and overwhealming feature creep. This could be an amazing game but i don't see it materialising with him at the helm.
04: The dead linger - I have never seen a game with as few features and textures and map design so poor.
03: Fallout 76 - Doesn't need explaining
02: GTA V ( online specifically ) - So the single player is great but in recent years the additions made to the game *flying bikes and unavoidable orbital canons* have made the game not worth playing. Shame as the idea is very fun.
01: Dayz standalone - This is a Genre i absolutely adore. After playing thousands of hours of the mod solo and in various size groups when the standalone dropped it absolutely killed me to see just how poor it was. I don't think i could trust another game from bi OR rocket studios again because he will likely just get bored and abandon other projects going forward so he can go play mountain man.
MGSV is one of my top fav games, I didn't expect much but found myself playing for 20 hours straight :D

Associate
My worst 10 PC games is pretty easy for me as I have it posted on my Steam profile haha. Infact I have the 20 worst and 20 best so here goes. (Have just under 2000 games on Steam, these are my personal opinion over playing through these games over the last 10+ years.

The 20 worst Games I have played on Steam:

20 - Big Rigs
19 - Rabbit Girl
18 - House Party
17 - Newfound Courage
16 - What's Under Your Blanket
15 - Bat Rats
14 - Nether
13 - Dead Horde
12 - Ocean City Racing
11 - Infestation
10 - Aliens Colonial Marines
9 - War Z
8 - Garys Incident Day One
7 - Just Cause 3
6 - Dinner Date
5 - Mafia 3
4 - CSGO
3 - Just Cause 4
2 - Grass Simulator
1 - Dream Daddy (This one I have not played, but I have seen it, complete mess)

The 20 best Games I have played on Steam:

1 - The Witcher 3
2 - GTA V (Single Player Only)
3 - Xcom 2
4 - Secret of Monkey Island 1
5 - Portal 2
6 - Metro Last Light
7 - Max Payne 3
8 - The Walking Dead Season 1
9 - Left 4 Dead 2
10 - Bioshock Infinite
11 - Planet Coaster