Youtube & Ads

Jez

Jez

Caporegime
Ah yes, same as you. I honestly hadn't noticed as it takes quite some scrolling on my home screen to get past my recommended stuff and recent stuff (which is all western). :)

Jez

Jez

Caporegime
I'm noticing it just normally browsing on sites such has tomshardware or gamespot. You can't scroll without accidentally clicking on an ad.

Have to view on my desktop instead.
You can just install a mobile ad blocker for viewing websites? Youtube is the issue, as running it in a mobile browser isnt great at all (but does ad block effectively).

Jez

Jez

Caporegime
So am I. However it was just in case you or anyone was interested in a pi-hole method. It's not possible. Well not from all the research I carried out and the stuff I added to my blacklist.
Yep indeed, i came to the same conclusion after reading huge reddit projects trying (and failing) to achieve it. Hence i just buckled and paid the £1.99/month for family :)

Soldato
You can just install a mobile ad blocker for viewing websites? Youtube is the issue, as running it in a mobile browser isnt great at all (but does ad block effectively).

Certain ones are not very good or slow. I use Chrome on my Android phone but I found out Firefox supports ublock on Android so I'm going to try that.

Soldato
I've noticed recently that all the ads I'm getting for gambling sites and dodgy Forex trading type sites. Must be the only companies with ad budgets during corona.

That's if I watch on TV or phone. I use AdBlocker on PC.

Associate
I'm noticing it just normally browsing on sites such has tomshardware or gamespot. You can't scroll without accidentally clicking on an ad.

Have to view on my desktop instead.
That's true. I feel like sometimes it goes to an ad without even me clicking it while scrolling.

Soldato
Anyone else getting stupidly long ads, ie: several minutes with no skip now?

Even with Brave browser which used to filter them out I'm now getting these? It's basically making Youtube unusable.

What new plugin am i missing to block this crap? :)

Soldato
yes i did notice this and i stopped using adblocker plus on Chrome browser for windows and now have something called AdGuard ADblocker and its working a treat.
Cheers buddy, interestingly Firefox fares better, just tested with a few other plugins but I'll see if I can try that one you mentioned in brave.

How the hell can anyone be expected to sit through a 3 minute advert (just got one for a crypto trading firm). :mad:

Back
Top Bottom