YouTube Premium

Last edited:
Why do you technically need an iphone for that? You can create an apple id in a browser? Is it because you have to go to the appstore and buy it which is only possible on an iphone or ipad?

My plan renewed and went up from about £3.30 to £5.20 as I have been paying via the Philippines. I have no issue with that tbh and hope I don't have to go through the hassle of getting it cancelled

Saw this and thought it might be of interest to some of you.

Edit: It was for iphone/ipad users. IIRC making an apple account in turkey and then signing into the app store with your new turkish account and then buying premium through that. However the thread has been nuked, so I can't remember the details 100% but might give an idea of things to search on the net.

Surely the payment from a matching country still required.

So you just need one spare Apple device to do this? Or existing Apple ID?
I created a new Apple ID and set my country to Turkey, and used my UK phone number when asked for security purposes. I then purchased some TRL Apple gift cards, added them to my account and then subscribed to YouTube premium through the app.

I know this thread is about youtube, but just be mindful if doing similar with Netflix. You can't password share with most of the cheaper countries where here in the UK the premium plan allows one account IIRC. If you split the costs between you, it's not worth the hassle.

Thankyou
I'm guessing you have to delete your payment profile too

I just entered my new card details and a random address within that country.
Several attempts in different countries came up saying a card was needed in the country of origin or however it words it, but Bulgaria worked a treat.

Probably not the cheapest but cheap enough.

Surely the payment from a matching country still required.
Looks like Tom answered your question - which is handy because I had no idea :p. I don't use Premium so I didn't try doing it (also don't own an iDevice), but just saw the thread and thought some in here would be interested so linked it. Didn't expect it to get nuked - I'm not sure why as they've had VPN threads on there before.

Back
Top Bottom