YouTube Premium

I used Nord VPN through Ukraine and used my normal UK bank account. Worked fine. Get charged about £2 every month. No transaction fees with my bank.

May have also helped that I cleared all cookies/history etc from my browser before I signed up.

My yearly sub has just ended (via Turkey) and I can't seem to renew or sign up to any countries I try via Urban VPN. I've tried Ukraine, Turkey, Vietnam and Argentina but all give some sort of error relating to them not being able to identify my location.

Has anyone successfully renewed or signed up recently when they've previously been on an annual plan? What did you use (VPN and location)?

This VPN

And a revolut bank account gets it working for me again.

I don't vouch for anything funky happening with the VPN, it's your data :p

Once you go premium, you can't go back.
See if this VPN works to ukraine and pick Ukraine obvs...

Its a lot cheaper but its not 3rd world cheap :P

I'm on an annual via india and it expires in Jan 25. Do I have to wait for it to expire or can I add to it? Thinking of trying now to extend.

Whatever you do, do not cancel if it’s working… I made that mistake with Argentina when I was paying like 80p a month, thinking I could save more by moving to Turkey and get annual sub, ended up in Ukraine.

Last edited:
I'm on an annual via india and it expires in Jan 25. Do I have to wait for it to expire or can I add to it? Thinking of trying now to extend.

ok, question semi answered.

If I goto premium, logged in, via UK or any other country I get prices for that country and it's presented as if i'm signing up for the 1st time.

If I go via india I get the option to "top up" only to be told

"We couldn't verify your country. Please visit the Help Centre for more information."

Damn

long shot....i'm doing my google 2fa via phone that's obviously in the UK.

I'll connect that up to india and test. I'm not worried yet....but come december i'll start to get twitchy.

Got a little further with Urban VPN using India, I can at least get through to YouTube to select a new subscription but I can't buy anything as all my payment cards come up with the following when trying to pay:

Transaction declined. This purchase requires a payment method from your billing country. [OR_RECR_05]

Got a little further with Urban VPN using India, I can at least get through to YouTube to select a new subscription but I can't buy anything as all my payment cards come up with the following when trying to pay:

Transaction declined. This purchase requires a payment method from your billing country. [OR_RECR_05]

India is a lost cause you need a verified Indian issued card. I tried with Revolut and made and indian account, added virtual cards to google pay.

India wouldn't work for me using GPAY or directly adding the visa card details...

I tried for a good few hours.. I was gutted.

i even set up addresses in india on ,my profile, It isn't google stopping it, its the card verification stage.

Id had 2 years subscription running and was paying practically nothing ... Now i pay 99ukrainian money and that's about 3 quid... ish ish... last time i looked.

For those on Argentina, like me, the price is going up this month from 869 ARS to 1899 ARS.
I reckon that turns my current monthly payment of €0.96 into €2.06 ish. No fancy cards, just my normal local debit card linked to google pay and I just let the bank charge me the few cents comission for the currency conversion, rather than the Revolut faff.

Not gonna tempt fate and try to change, based on the recent posts in this thread!

Edit: Signup method for both this and formerly Indian payment was TunnelBear VPN free account.

rp2000

Last edited:
Just got it working!

Urban VPN (Mac App), selected Indonesia, Chrome Incognito browser window to youtube.com/premium, select Individual (59,000), signed in, selected add CC and added my Nationwide Select CC. No need to enter an address and left the country as Indonesia, continued and paid without issue. Works out at about £2.92 a month apparently but then they add a bit more for taxes, account now shows as Premium after coming off the VPN and I've had a receipt email from Youtube:

Total today
Paid with Visa •••• 6152
IDR 65,490.00

Shows as £3.25 on my Nationwide app as a pending purchase.

Edit: This was after trying a couple of other free VPN apps and loads of countries - Turkey, Argentina, Ukraine, India, Egypt etc.... all having issues at the Youtube or payment stages - the above went through first time without issue.

Last edited:
For those on Argentina, like me, the price is going up this month from 869 ARS to 1899 ARS.
I reckon that turns my current monthly payment of €0.96 into €2.06 ish. No fancy cards, just my normal local debit card linked to google pay and I just let the bank charge me the few cents comission for the currency conversion, rather than the Revolut faff.

Not gonna tempt fate and try to change, based on the recent posts in this thread!

Edit: Signup method for both this and formerly Indian payment was TunnelBear VPN free account.

rp2000

Stick with it until you get kicked out, I thought I was being clever and I couldn’t go back to Argentina, couldn’t get on Turkey (when 2 days prior I got an annual sub for my brother in law), I looked around the globe and ended up in Ukraine as that was the best I could do.

Went from paying 80p to £2.40 or so.

Back
Top Bottom