Caporegime
Likelihood is the "staff" don't know the law. I count at least 5 CAA violations. If you'd hit one of those pillars, whose insurance would have paid out then? Not having a go, just interested to know. It frustrates me that legitimate drone operators are barraged with requirements including battery voltage and charge levels that must be recorded before each flight, yet someone can buy a drone from Tandy's and fly it through a monument without a care in the world...

He's flying a mavic mini, if he had hit one of those pillars i doubt the pillar would have noticed :p Pretty sure a fly would have a good chance in a head on collision with a mini :D

Last edited:
Soldato
I know what you mean, but as I say I felt I did my bit by asking permission and they were happy, plus a Mavic Mini flying slowly won't damage a stone anything, the footage is sped up in edit, I'm sure you know that though.

I'm still just learning with a drone and hope to get something 'proper' sized and licensed, but for the money a Mavic Mini is pretty capable.

Likelihood is the "staff" don't know the law. I count at least 5 CAA violations. If you'd hit one of those pillars, whose insurance would have paid out then? Not having a go, just interested to know. It frustrates me that legitimate drone operators are barraged with requirements including battery voltage and charge levels that must be recorded before each flight, yet someone can buy a drone from Tandy's and fly it through a monument without a care in the world...

Caporegime
I know what you mean, but as I say I felt I did my bit by asking permission and they were happy, plus a Mavic Mini flying slowly won't damage a stone anything, the footage is sped up in edit, I'm sure you know that though.

I'm still just learning with a drone and hope to get something 'proper' sized and licensed, but for the money a Mavic Mini is pretty capable.

Good wee drone all in all, its similar to my parrot anafi with the way the props are set up (seem to be virtually copied from the anafi). There are a few companies that have made parachutes for drones which can be an option to mitigate any damage from a fall. Pricey though, around £100, there's a second version of this available, apparently they say compatible with the mini as well

Vid is pigeon English gibberish for the most part.

Something i'm considering if i decide to go for a mavic air 2. :)

Soldato
Good wee drone all in all, its similar to my parrot anafi with the way the props are set up (seem to be virtually copied from the anafi). There are a few companies that have made parachutes for drones which can be an option to mitigate any damage from a fall. Pricey though, around £100, there's a second version of this available, apparently they say compatible with the mini as well

Vid is pigeon English gibberish for the most part.

Something i'm considering if i decide to go for a mavic air 2. :)

That's amazing, I had no idea such a device existed for drones! :) Mavic Air 2 looks incredible, I can't justify 1k just now though :D

Caporegime
That's amazing, I had no idea such a device existed for drones! :) Mavic Air 2 looks incredible, I can't justify 1k just now though :D

Chutes for larger drones like the inspire or phantom\mavic etc you would think make sense, if they drop out of the air at any real height they're gonna do quite a bit of damage to themselves. The main issue with most of the parachute systems seems to be the canopy isn't large enough to slow their descent to a speed where they won't be damaged. It won't be as busted up as it would be with no parachute but it'll still likely take a bit of damage.

Though for the lighter drones like the air 2 and mini the chute would probably be big enough to slow the fall enough so it didn;t get damaged.

Soldato

Good to know. I'm licensed with an Inspire, but it's showing it's age now. Actually considering moving down to a Mavic 2 Ent :D

Caporegime
Good to know. I'm licensed with an Inspire, but it's showing it's age now. Actually considering moving down to a Mavic 2 Ent :D

Have one as well, just have the ball camera it came with. Got a zenmuse x5 with a compatible zoom lens and it just never worked, got the proper weight ring and the camera refused to focus and when using it the camera would just droop after a while and deactivate the gimbal. Has to send the lens and gimbal back after a while, never knew what was wrong with it =/

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Full interview from the above*

Got 30 odd minutes and want a serious laugh and then question reality and whether it's an SNL sketch only to realise it's damn real? :D

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Sad to see HBO have restricted it to the USA and turned off comments, land of the free and freedom of speech indeed. Clear that Trump has thrown a fit and kicked up a fuss at YouTube.

Luckily there are mirror, you can't force everything you Orange loony.

It was the 4th most trending video you YouTube as of yesterday with 10 million views in 2 days.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/donald-trumps-jaw-dropping-coronavirus-22468152

Back
Top Bottom