Z390 Aorus Owners thread

Caporegime
Got a master edition with a 9700k and Noctua nhd15 cooler.

I have to echo the frustration with the bios.
My god who designed this? Coming from Asus and MSI this looks and feels sluggish.. not to mention the actual layouts.

Hopefully I'll get the overclocking and never go back.

I have ram in A1 b1 but will be moving it to a2 b2 after reading here, if it makes a difference.

I tried some basic overclocking but it kept taking voltage and the temps got insane 90+oC

Is there a guidee anywhere to give me a good start at getting 5ghz all cores?

I think in going to reseat the Noctua I've never seen temps that high in years something must be wrong?

All advice greatly welcome.

Soldato
Got a master edition with a 9700k and Noctua nhd15 cooler.

I have to echo the frustration with the bios.
My god who designed this? Coming from Asus and MSI this looks and feels sluggish.. not to mention the actual layouts.

Hopefully I'll get the overclocking and never go back.

I have ram in A1 b1 but will be moving it to a2 b2 after reading here, if it makes a difference.

I tried some basic overclocking but it kept taking voltage and the temps got insane 90+oC

Is there a guidee anywhere to give me a good start at getting 5ghz all cores?

I think in going to reseat the Noctua I've never seen temps that high in years something must be wrong?

All advice greatly welcome.

Re-paste , re-seat

Try enabling MCE and seeing how that does after a reseat. Not the best with voltage as doing it manually but would be interesting to see how it gets on and it's temps/voltage

Caporegime
Errrr flashed new bios and nothing happened this is a double bios board right? how to switch.
Seeing as I bricked my last one, the first time in 20 years, i don't really want to P with it unless i have to.
gonna just see if i can get stable without new bios... :(

THis motherboard doesn't seem to like saving settings...... Its very quirky... AKA wasting a lot of time setting it up...

Last edited:
Associate
Errrr flashed new bios and nothing happened this is a double bios board right? how to switch.
Seeing as I bricked my last one, the first time in 20 years, i don't really want to P with it unless i have to.
gonna just see if i can get stable without new bios... :(

THis motherboard doesn't seem to like saving settings...... Its very quirky... AKA wasting a lot of time setting it up...

Save your profiles so you can load them up again, and there is a switch to have dual bios or single on the board, switch to single bios and update using a USB stick not via windows!

Caporegime
Very strange but I spent the entire evening gaming on 5ghz all cores and pretty decent temps. Max 60deg, Ram at xmp profile 3200.

Im not entirely sure what saved but for this weekend im a happy chap.

Associate
I Have had the Gigabyte Aorus Z390 extreme only a week, with a 9900K and its a stonking board, this is my first gigabyte board as I have always been an Asus Fan. what made me switch was an Asus z390 extreme DOA board.
after reading about the Asus QC being off these days and the RMA situation with Asus I thought I would give gigabyte a go and very pleased I did, yes the bios is different and maybe not as well laid out as the Asus boards but its all there and after a while
like most things you get used to it.

what an awesome board, put in the 9900K with Raystorm water block along with 32g of G.skill Trident Z F4-3600 c16 then flashed the latest bios F5G, and 5G straight off all cores with 1T on the ram.

Really impressed with the Aorus Z390 extreme and 100% rock solid stable in everything. Also lucked out with the CPU all cores with in 3c of each other.

Last edited:
Soldato
Hey peeps, not strictly an Aorus owner. I have a gigabyte z390 gaming X mobo, which has a RGB header. I'm looking to pick up an RGB strip for it but not sure which one I need. The RGB header is 4pin, and manual says 12v. Do I need to buy a particular one of I want it to synch up with the lights on the mobo?

Hoping someone can shed some light on things :rolleyes:

Associate
Hey peeps, not strictly an Aorus owner. I have a gigabyte z390 gaming X mobo, which has a RGB header. I'm looking to pick up an RGB strip for it but not sure which one I need. The RGB header is 4pin, and manual says 12v. Do I need to buy a particular one of I want it to synch up with the lights on the mobo?

Hoping someone can shed some light on things :rolleyes:

you need to buy a 12v RGB strip either magnetic or stick on, I like the magnetic myself as you can move it easy.

Soldato
I Have had the Gigabyte Aorus Z390 extreme only a week, with a 9900K and its a stonking board, this is my first gigabyte board as I have always been an Asus Fan. what made me switch was an Asus z390 extreme DOA board.
after reading about the Asus QC being off these days and the RMA situation with Asus I thought I would give gigabyte a go and very pleased I did, yes the bios is different and maybe not as well laid out as the Asus boards but its all there and after a while
like most things you get used to it.

what an awesome board, put in the 9900K with Raystorm water block along with 32g of G.skill Trident Z F4-3600 c16 then flashed the latest bios F5G, and 5G straight off all cores with 1T on the ram.

Really impressed with the Aorus Z390 extreme and 100% rock solid stable in everything. Also lucked out with the CPU all cores with in 3c of each other.

Lucky you I can have almost a 20c difference between the hottest and coldest cores when stress testing, I’m still mulling over a delid

Soldato
Very strange but I spent the entire evening gaming on 5ghz all cores and pretty decent temps. Max 60deg, Ram at xmp profile 3200.

Im not entirely sure what saved but for this weekend im a happy chap.

Enabled MCE ? Easiest option if you've got good cooling . Runs all cores at max single clock speed

Associate
Has any one tested the new F8 bios that came out on gigabyte site on the 14th March?

I have installed it cant see any difference myself, cpu still running at 5ghz all core.

Associate
Don't know if this is the right forum but here goes.

I set the cpu voltage in the bios to 1.235v LLC turbo, But in HWinfo under load VRVOUT shows 1.146v is this right?
I just can't get me head round it, Don't know if i am doing it right or not.

Thanks

Man of Honour
Owners of the Pro, we have a new bios. Confusingly they have named it F9 not F10 as we already had a F9b. It's dated 15th March 2019 and amongst other things it would seem there is a new stepping of 9000 series cpu's coming out as it states add's support for R0 stepping 9th Gen cpu's. Who is this months guinea pig? :D:D:D

Back
Top Bottom