1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Z390 Aorus Owners thread

Discussion in 'Motherboards' started by LambChop, Nov 5, 2018.

1. Gabbatek

Wise Guy

similar rgb pro versions are listed with the same timings but this isn't, xmp causes post fails and bios reset. I've managed to get xmp to work though, i just had to manually set the voltage as the bios didn't like the xmp's default.

2. pastymuncher

Man of Honour

That's interesting. I wonder if that is why the XMP profile runs my memory at 3433hz although it says 3866mhz. I didn't think to check the voltage. I may have to have a fiddle again. Ugh, back into the bios!!

On a side note which memory slots are you guys using for a pair of sticks? The manual is rather vague as to which slots are the primary when using two sticks so I have mine in A1/B1 which are slots 1 and 3 from the cpu. I have checked reviews of my board and only two took pictures of the installation with a pair of sticks and sod's law they both used different slots. One had the same as me A1/B1 and the other had A2/B2 although they did have a dirty great cpu cooler so whether they moved them so it could fit is a possibility.

3. Robert896r1

Gangster

Per buildzoid, in T-Topology the 2 slots are better used for 2 sticks of RAM. That's what I'm doing.

4. pastymuncher

Man of Honour

Do you mean A2/B2? Do they say why those slots are better used for a pair of sticks?

5. Robert896r1

Gangster

6. pastymuncher

Man of Honour

I got fed up with his voice and waffling after 3.5 minutes. I just don't enjoy these videos by these "experts".

7. rocketman

Gangster

A month after building my new build, I've regretted buying the Aorus Pro and have replaced it with the Aorus Master. So if anyone wants a good deal on a month old Pro, PM me.

8. Robert896r1

Gangster

Similar boat here. Can you share what you found to be different making the switch?

9. rocketman

Gangster

Main reason is to be able to run 2 M.2 SSDs and 6 SATA HDs, but the bluetooth, wireless and USB TurboCharge are also advantages.

10. toxicredcat

Gangster

When turning the PC on from a cold start my board reboots 1 second after the fans initially spin up, then proceeds to boot as normal.

This only happens when overclocking as the stock profile starts up without interruption.

Does this happen to anyone else?

11. Penfold99

Hitman

BIOS F9b is now out for Aorus Pro with description of -Support 32GB UDIMM

12. pastymuncher

Man of Honour

They are spoiling us. Last week was F8 and now F9b. Still doesn't sort out the awful layout though.

13. Notkipps

Associate

So I flashed the new bios to my Ultra, it then failed boot and kicked into the backup bios .... Hoiw the fudge do I change back ? Tried power cycling the PSU etc. Cant change back ... Why would Gigabyte not put a dam manual switch on the board like they used to ???

14. orbitalwalsh

Capodecina

not sure if older methods still work, holding power button down to PC turns on and then turns its self off again , press power button again and back up bios should of corrected main bios .

that or going into bios or Flash options on splash screen, either f10 or f12 and flashing main bios from back up

15. orbitalwalsh

Capodecina

16. pastymuncher

Man of Honour

They launched that last week with the F9b bios for my board. I am still on F6 becuase the last three have brought nothing of any use to me plus I don't want to go back into that horrible bios to re-enter all my setting. I will wait until they add something worthwhile.