Z390

Soldato
Intel are really pumping out these chipsets (and I assume the rumoured octa-core Coffee Lake to go with it). Amazing what a little competition does for the market...

Soldato
OP
Intel are really pumping out these chipsets (and I assume the rumoured octa-core Coffee Lake to go with it). Amazing what a little competition does for the market...

Still think it's next year personally and will work with z390 chipset as well as intel dropping another chipset to support it with more features to allow vendors to sell more hardware .
normally each chipset/socket has supported two gens of CPU so think intel will keep this up or try to expand it to save face against amd. have a feeling 10nm will just been a shrunk 14nm and thats it and slap it on the lga 1151 v2 socket

was interesting seeing H370 vs Z370 chipsets with i7 8700k and MCE enabled.pretty much the same and thats with H370 gettings is ram speed capped ...

Soldato

Pumping the chipsets out aren't great, it's kinda ******** on those who've got the prev gen chipsets which aren't that old... Makes me lean more towards AMD

Associate
So really there isn't much in the ways of difference from Z370 to Z390, forgive my ignorance but does this mean the CPU will have much change? I'm in the market to buy an 8700k but if I detect something bigger is on the horizon I will just hold off.

Soldato
Good old anti consumer Intel, So glad I have a Ryzen rig :p

Exactly! Small pin changes here and there. They could probably make do without it or make the newer CPU's compatible on older chipsets. I understand when there's something radically new for a big change but they've jumped from Z17x to Z27x, Z37x and now this in the space of less than 3 years.

So really there isn't much in the ways of difference from Z370 to Z390, forgive my ignorance but does this mean the CPU will have much change? I'm in the market to buy an 8700k but if I detect something bigger is on the horizon I will just hold off.

There's always something in the horizon. Nothing heard so far about the 'near' horizon if that's what you're talking about.

Back
Top Bottom