Zen FTTC 20% off

Caporegime
Was that off the back of the Zen promotion?

I didn't even mention Zen. I just asked the Sky man on the phone to see if I could get a better deal and he came up with that figure right away. General consensus is not to accept Sky's first offer but it was reasonable enough to me and when he said I could have the new router for nothing, I practically bit his hand off. :D

Deleted member 138126

D

Deleted member 138126

I didn't even mention Zen. I just asked the Sky man on the phone to see if I could get a better deal and he came up with that figure right away. General consensus is not to accept Sky's first offer but it was reasonable enough to me and when he said I could have the new router for nothing, I practically bit his hand off. :D
Good stuff!

KIA

KIA

Man of Honour
+ Fixed price contract
- 24 months long

2nd provider to offer fixed price contracts? TT being the first.

Deleted member 138126

D

Deleted member 138126

+ Fixed price contract
- 24 months long

2nd provider to offer fixed price contracts? TT being the first.
TBH I've been so happy with Zen that 24 months didn't give me even a second of doubt. I'd signed up within an hour of reading the original post.

Man of Honour
Zen failed on multiple times to agree to send out an engineer for low speeds. Sky sent one without hesitation, as did PlusNet recently.

Deleted member 138126

D

Deleted member 138126

Zen failed on multiple times to agree to send out an engineer for low speeds. Sky sent one without hesitation, as did PlusNet recently.
I had an issue a few months ago where my speed dropped from 60 down to around 20 -- Zen were flawless, they chased OpenReach multiple times a day, I ended up having 3 different types of engineers coming out over a week or so.

Soldato
Wow thanks for pointing this out. I'm an existing Zen customer (I *love* them), and they happily moved me across, saving me £11 a month (well, minus the one-off £35 sign-up fee). That's £229 saving over the 2 year contract, not too shabby!

I think they are doing this for a bit of certainty, locking a bunch of customers in for two years?

Did the same here as well about 10mins ago. Been with Zen years and moved to FTTP with them about 5 years ago. Got transfered onto Zen's own backhaul in February this year and ended up with a consistently faster download speed ever since.
It made perfect sense to me to take this offer, even though the offer period is over the guy on the phone said it is running until the end of this week. A free Fritzbox as well...........win win :D

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

As a Plusnet customer who has never had an issue, sell me Zen..

(I use my own networking kit)
Also interested in knowing this as I'm out of contract with BT and trying to decide between Plusnet (£29.99) or Zen (£36pcm)

Soldato
From a technical standpoint, could Zen have better pings than Plusnet on VDSL?
theoretically, yes, but it likely wouldn't be much. Basically if you're closer to the ISP it could maybe shave a millisecond or so off but you'd likely not notice it in the grand scheme of things, unless of course you have things like interleaving active (basically doubles ping) although it should automatic turn on/off with fibre.

Associate
Just received the Fritz router and modem from Zen - ugly as hell but wondering if anyone thinks it would be better to use over my old N66u + BTopenreach modem? Given the Fritz is AC and new I imagine it will be better than the N66u?

Currently my N66u is connected to my 24 port switch and my media NAS.

Associate
OP
Also interested in knowing this as I'm out of contract with BT and trying to decide between Plusnet (£29.99) or Zen (£36pcm)
Just check on plusnet by clicking next and putting in your number that you are in a LLU area, as the offer for me was £29.99/m but then it said im outside so it is actually £36.99

Associate
OP
Just received the Fritz router and modem from Zen - ugly as hell but wondering if anyone thinks it would be better to use over my old N66u + BTopenreach modem? Given the Fritz is AC and new I imagine it will be better than the N66u?

Currently my N66u is connected to my 24 port switch and my media NAS.

Well i just swopped from BT which I had on Zyxel VM1312 to a fritz and get 4mb + difference.
I tried the wireless though before plugging in my switch/unifi AP's and the wifi was crap, I was only getting 20mb~ speedtests, soon as i plugged the unifis back in and disabled wifi on the fritz, boom 50mb again.

Back
Top Bottom