• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Zen = Sandybridge IPC

Man of Honour
My 4.6GHz 4820K vs my 4GHz 1920X. Gen 1 zen certainly has ivybridge-E beaten even with a 600MHz clock deficit in Cinebench.

One thing to bare in mind here - IvyBridge-E for stuff like Cinebench performs best at 2133-2400MHz with tight timings - though not a huge deal you will easily actually lose 1-2% with faster RAM (and looser timings) and possibly even as much as 5% down at 1600MHz CL9 versus faster RAM.

Associate
Its already started, Principled Technologies noob approach to testing was not long ago.
Maybe they should have a youtube channel.

I have always wondered how many "individuals" on tech forums are actually part of a coordinated group. It definitely happens and i bet most companies have shills of some sort, just Intel ones are really easy to spot at the moment.

Caporegime
Its already started, Principled Technologies noob approach to testing was not long ago.
Maybe they should have a youtube channel.

I have always wondered how many "individuals" on tech forums are actually part of a coordinated group. It definitely happens and i bet most companies have shills of some sort, just Intel ones are really easy to spot at the moment.

Ryan Shrout was worst for this, a lot of very obvious Intel and nVidia shilling from him in the past decade, of course it turns out he has been on Intel's pay role for some years and now works for them officially.

his Channel went to **** no one watched it, literally he would get 42 views on his Twitch live streams.

There are a couple i trust, Steve: Hardware Jesus, in his last video he laid down the ground work for Ryzen 3000 testing and ran some pre benchmarks with Coffeelake and Zen+, it all looks in order.... Steve from Hardware Unboxed is a very good reviewer doing huge 30+ game benchmarks and those detailed proper IPC comparison tests.
I'm unsure about JayZ2Cents, he rarely does CPU game benchmarks but when he does they seem to be right, tho he has been rumbled with his 8700K reviews being on Asus all core 4.7Ghz boosts and went into i'm daft mode pretending he didn't know...

His last video was pretty good.

I'm not writing Chris off yet but if his results differ significantly from the two Steves i'm un-subbing from his channel.

Associate
They're so close now it doesn't really matter and for the money I'd rather have the extra cores that AMD offer than a bit of extra IPC. It's pointless arguing anyway the majority of those taking the side of Ryzen will have spent about 5 years arguing that Bulldozer architecture was the future until AMD unsurprisingly dumped it. How many of them are using AMD FX now? not many compared to those who still use Sandy bridge etc I bet.

Still rocking my 8320 here :D

Soldato
That ^^^^ pretty much is exactly my experience.

I had a 4690K @ 4.6Ghz, the thing is still in my Cinebench caps i added here, now, one or two games like CS:GO yes the Haswell chip was faster, but it was like 50 FPS, sounds like a lot, no... it was 350 vs 400 and that was an outlier, very old game that has never seen an AMD CPU since Phenom?

Aside from that everyother game was at least the same on the 3.9Ghz 1600 as it was on the 4.6Ghz 4690K, more often than not, especially these days because the 1600 has many more threads it just kicks the 4690K's arse, one or two games like Star Citizen its almost doubling the Frame Rates i'm getting.

Well,I looked at some Fallout 4 results in general and Ryzen 2000 seems close to Broadwell level performance in the game when the systems are run at stock settings. Skylake onwards had a good performance jump in the game.

Caporegime
Well,I looked at some Fallout 4 results in general and Ryzen 2000 seems close to Broadwell level performance in the game when the systems are run at stock settings. Skylake onwards had a good performance jump in the game.

Yup, much like Arma III and ROTR did it probably needs a Ryzen patch :) not that it'll ever get one.

Lol so we have gone from sandybridge ipc to faster than haswell in two videos, this guy is out of his depth.

Yeah... well at least his subscribers managed to get through to him and he's found a problem with his tests.

I'll give him points for fessing up.

Caporegime
his purpose was to create a reason to watch his videos. people have objective achieved. then watch follow up videos. objective complete. people are gullible.

Associate
He has already posted another video which includes revised results that are closer to what everyone expected. Whether or not he did this as a marketing ploy is up for debate, what with the new Ryzen lineup having so much hype. I would say he just messed up, as it doesn't really shine him in a good light. What's weird is that quite a few people said his other IPC tests were very good (I haven't seen them, though).

As they say though, any exposure is good exposure.

Caporegime
what like jake paul ? anything that makes you click on the video works. doesnt have to be good true just so you click it. a few pc nerds wont out of principle most will. even most of those nerds to see if he does something wrong in his next video so it can be pointed out. pie chart style. so he has a new audience now and will get more subs and views regardless. its worked for him. we are in a tech forum discussing his videos right now. he has done what he set out to be achieved. surely you can see this .

Back
Top Bottom