Counter-Strike: Source New Update Released

Associate
Just been playing on de_nuke and it seems HDR is broken, it just flashes from light to dark, light to dark, about once per second, same interval and everything each time, like it's just constantly pulsating.

Soldato
I am finding CS source update very confusing:(. I went to the servers/maps list window and it displays all the maps but they all seem to be refreshing. Then they disappear. If I manage to click on one of them, it says full. I mean what happened to the old servers list in which you could choose any server at your leisure?:(. How I am supposed to play now?

Associate
I'm running 4770 - 512mb at max OC via ati tools, Phenom BE unlocked to 3 cores, 4 GB ram @ 1680x1050 resolution (native) and have no issues with fps, lag or jerkiness :confused:, I run the game max just with HDR and Bloom off cause it makes games look fugly, so no idea why its affecting random people, might be intel processors unless someone on AMD has issues?

Soldato
I am finding CS source update very confusing:(. I went to the servers/maps list window and it displays all the maps but they all seem to be refreshing. Then they disappear. If I manage to click on one of them, it says full. I mean what happened to the old servers list in which you could choose any server at your leisure?:(. How I am supposed to play now?

by checking that little tick box that says show map list, maybe?

..and you lot do realise you can turn the 'kill cam' off, right?

Last edited:
Associate
Haha this is great timing for me i just found CSS on my steam account after re activating it after ages of no activity. They are having huge sales right now btw...

I'm running 4770 - 512mb at max OC via ati tools, Phenom BE unlocked to 3 cores, 4 GB ram @ 1680x1050 resolution (native) and have no issues with fps, lag or jerkiness :confused:, I run the game max just with HDR and Bloom off cause it makes games look fugly, so no idea why its affecting random people, might be intel processors unless someone on AMD has issues?

I'm on an Intel CPU. I'm fine. :)

Nice thinking though....

Permabanned
For me its like a slide show.

Yeah, thats pretty much it.

I'm going to try on another machine tomorrow mind you.

A few of my friends are having the same problems, I really hope this gets sorted.

Does anyone else alt-tabbing out cause it to just spaz out graphically or crash?

Don't worry about that.

It's very common for people to suddenly scream WTF IS THIS JESUS CHRIST WHY GOD WHYYYYYYY at random.

Not as if something happened to affect gameplay on a highly played skill based game.

LOL :p

Last edited:

Klo

Klo

Soldato
Don't worry about that.

It's very common for people to suddenly scream WTF IS THIS JESUS CHRIST WHY GOD WHYYYYYYY at random.

Not as if something happened to affect gameplay on a highly played skill based game.

Perhaps you've played too much, you notice things lesser mortals like me don't notice ;):p

Permabanned
here you go, hmmmmmmmmm:

59908854.jpg

45821339.jpg

33641584.jpg

This doesn't effect gameplay at all does it? ;)

I'm getting anywhere between 260~55fps @ 1680x1050. Up and down with an average of maybe 70 now? With an av of about 150 before update.. BUT its worse than that it is so erratic!!!! All the new 'graphic' text boxes seem to cause stuttering too, as does jumping out and sprites appearing on screen.

Its pretty utterly crap in all honesty.

This is on a very limited texture map as well. :(

I'm also getting fed up of the revenge nonesense :p

I swear hitboxes are bigger, lag occurs when people fire and there's just generally jerkiness in play.

The first two might be entirely true and intentional, helping players get kills :/

There's an awpfest in so many servers right now. It's easier to hit players and since you only need to shoot someone in the foot to instakill them with an awp... bring out the noobcannons!

The hitboxes are a bit bigger yeah, makes ak/m4 even more lethal.

i swear some people are pulling off some very dodgy shots now! :D

i'm having real problems with m3 shotgun and straffing though.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom