Counter-Strike: Source New Update Released

Permabanned
I'm not saying it's the communities fault, I'm just saying it's up for the community to fix it's own plugins.

Yes you are. The way you make out like valve can do no wrong.

They have left half the community high and dry.

Its not as simple as going away and fixing it in a day.

Go and see how many gun games you can find right now for example.

Soldato
I think this thread demonstrates that some people get way too involved in gaming for their own good - i'd be pretty concerned if a relatively minor update to a game made me as angry as it has clearly made some players. :p

its your thread, so i'll leave it at that.

Good. We'll agree to disagree there then. :)

but seriously, some people need to step away from the valve can do no wrong mentallity. it makes you look like sycophants.

Just for the record, Valve can do plenty wrong, look at their lack of support for L4D and fixing various vpak problems for the custom community in L4D2. In my opinion though, updating CSS is not one of their flaws.

Associate
Just had a go for the first time in years and it is a pretty impressive achievement that you can make CS:S even worse.

That scoreboard is pretty hilarious and forcing people to play at 66 tic is just dumb.

Though I do critique the game based on normal CS whereas I'm sure if I seen it as a completely separate game I would be more warming towards it.

Associate
One of those pointless petitions have been going around now, this update actually makes css feel old skool, back when there was regular updates and lots of complaining with each of them.

Soldato
My 2 cents..

The acheivments are a nice idea but the killcam has completely removed the 'pro'-ness of the game. I can't quite put my finger on it but the accuracy of all the weapons feels very different. The one thing I really don't like is the sheer laziness of the update, like DoD, they have just tacked on some stuff, no extra artwork or anything bar the now hideous menu background.

The killcam is rubbish too. It works on TF2 because of how animated the characters look and the random nature of combat. On CS:S and DoD it just highlights how dated the player models are. I personally think they shouldn't have bothered, if it ain't broke don't fix it, should have waited a year and released CS:S:S or something.

Associate
Yeah I reckon the kill cam looks a bit naff, I don't know if it just takes some getting used to but it seems a bit out of place, I mean it looks great in TF2 but it just doesn't seem to suit the game at all.

Soldato
The updates suck somewhat. Hit reg and framerate all over the shop (I have 5850 and 3GHz dualy ffs) last night. Will give a week or two to bed in but I think my CSS days are numbered. I'm a relative noob, having "only" racked up 500hrs or so.

I don't like TF2 though I can see the appeal. I don't like this either

Caporegime
My only major problem with it atm, and maybe this is only a temporary thing (I hope so), is the skipping, jumping lag. Like it almost misses a beat. For that reason, after a few maps on different servers, I left.

I have had no fps drop.

Back
Top Bottom