Apple vs Samsung, court orders Samsung to show Apple 5 new phones

Soldato

Found a quote I really like from that article:

Sales of the device were originally banned following an Apple lawsuit alleging patent infringement, but were permitted to resume after a realization that a German court may not have the authority to halt sales of a South Korean company's device outside of Germany.

My thinking....really?! It's not a European court in Brussels or wherever they are based. It's a German court so any judgement can surely only apply to German territory. Apple either need to apply for an injunction to a European court or apply for injunctions in every single EU country.

Caporegime
My thinking....really?! It's not a European court in Brussels or wherever they are based. It's a German court so any judgement can surely only apply to German territory. Apple either need to apply for an injunction to a European court or apply for injunctions in every single EU country.
Ordinarily I would agree but given the size of the case and the amount of money Samsung have got to ***** on lawyers surely they didn't hire morons? :confused:

If they did I'm taking up law, I'm easily as thick as them.

Soldato
Ordinarily I would agree but given the size of the case and the amount of money Samsung have got to ***** on lawyers surely they didn't hire morons? :confused:

I know, it just doesn't make sense. Imagine if Apple went to some court in Manchester and got the right to ban sales of ALL tablets that are rectangular in Europe. The governments in Europe would go mental. I think Apple have been playing some game here by getting an injunction in Germany and then pretending it applies to the EU states because the injunction was granted by a court from a country in the EU. This and the misleading picture of the Galaxy Tab make me think that Apple and their lawyers are either being very stupid or very mischievous.

Soldato

The German court Apple went to doesn't require that the other party be informed of the case. Essentially Apple put together their case, went to the Judge who agreed with them and issued an injunction. Samsung had no chance to argue against the initial case they now have to appeal it.

Soldato
Inconsistencies?

- Photoshopping buttons to the left from the right.
- removing location of camera and light sensor.
- Making the app drawer seem like its the homescreen.
- Altering dimensions of the tablet to match those of the iPad.
- Seems more than just "inconsistencies."

But..but... Apple haz 3 phones with the GB's and the WIFI's!!!
It can do anyting rite???

Somewhere in Appleland Steve Jobs must be getting really mad! First the Moto-Google deal yesterday and now this ban lifted.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
They are either legally allowed to do that to demonstrate a point against the design of it, rather than the size, or the courts are utterly stupid and Samsung's lawyers are hopeless.

In fairness, the original Galaxy S was a massive rip-off of the iPhone 3G/3GS.

Permabanned
2rqmwpy.jpg

Caporegime
As I said in the other thread that robbo created.

How can apple even sue another company for creating a mobile that looks similar when there have been mobiles in the past that were created before the iphone as shown that look just as similar as the iphone?

Soldato
Even if they do win I cant see this being a good thing for Apple. If they do win then no competition no ideas to steal, and the market for tablets would basically be destroyed. Not everyone can afford to or will buy an Apple.

And It'll show up the patent system, put it under a lot of scrutiny.

Back
Top Bottom