Apple vs Samsung, court orders Samsung to show Apple 5 new phones

Soldato
I don't think there is anyway someone could say with a straight face that the iPhone is any less useful at being a phone than say a Nokia, BlackBerry or any other Android phone. Arguably the only thing it is less useful at is the fringe features such as HDMI out and DLNA etc.

Again, that's probably dependant on each person and what they want to do with it. Apple don't allow A LOT of stuff. It's really quite common to hear people annoyed with their iPhone because the website they're trying to view uses flash. You could argue this makes it less useful than an SGSII...

Granted Apple are copying some of the useful stuff from Android, such as Notifications, but still, I have a lot of really useful Widgets.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Again, that's probably dependant on each person and what they want to do with it. Apple don't allow A LOT of stuff. It's really quite common to hear people annoyed with their iPhone because the website they're trying to view uses flash. You could argue this makes it less useful than an SGSII...

Yet I've never heard anyone complain about that, I'm sure some people do though.

You could make a better case for Flash on the iPad than the iPhone. Flash is also a bit temperamental and isn't all that great on a touch screen - I know.

I can pretty much make a good case for and against any top-end mobile device depending on the person, you can't simply say that one is better than the other without knowing what they are going to use it for.

Which is why when people make a thread asking what phone is best, I always end up asking their uses; that is the key.

Associate

True it is very dependant on each person. I would argue that the majority of the public just need their phones currently to send texts, make calls, listen to music and browse the odd web site.

Yes lack of Flash makes it less useful when you need to view something with Flash but in all honesty how often do you need to do that? There is usually a reasonable alternative. Hell on my SGSII I have Flash disabled :p. In terms of main stream features the SGSII and the iPhone are both very very good phones.

Again yes Apple disallow a lot of things in their app store but it does seem to work quite well. Yes the Android market is more open and I personally think it is great we have these 2 different eco systems that work in different ways, it gives us the freedom of choice.

Soldato
Boooo! Just about to get a new phone contract at work & they were offering a free tablet as an incentive.

Really don't want to be touching Apple products - the asus transformer any good compared to the 10.1? .mkv playback over network would be a must have feature for me.

Back
Top Bottom