• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Crysis 3 performance

Associate
has anyone tried any of the lucid virtual MVP stuff with this. using v sync in this game sucks and kills fps for some reason i tried using the virtual vsync tonight on my system and tbh it ran great fps is bloody high even with everything on high/veryhigh on a single 7950 and the screen tear is non existent compared to how it was i am genrally really suprised.

Soldato
How do you enable this virtual vsync? Has the new patch brought it?

Havent played it for a few days and heard there is a new patch

Soldato
I tried playing tonight and it won't load the single player, it gets to the load screen and then I get a "crysis not responding" error. The multi loads and plays fine though. :confused:

Soldato
Just got this. I have a AMD8320 @ 4Ghz and a 7850, it defaulted to high settings and runs a good 40-70FPS, mostly 60+ unless in an intense battle. Are there any suggested settings that will keep decent visuals but increase FPS?

Caporegime
Just got this. I have a AMD8320 @ 4Ghz and a 7850, it defaulted to high settings and runs a good 40-70FPS, mostly 60+ unless in an intense battle. Are there any suggested settings that will keep decent visuals but increase FPS?

Any sort of SMAA or MSAA is what kills frame rates, turn it all off or use the FXAA option which has a minimal performance hit.

Soldato
also try downing shadow detail from high to medium. It increases fps by quite a bit and doesn't affect shadows much - Stand next to a shadow of yourself to see when changing from very high to medium

My settings (i5@4ghz, 670)

effects- Very
object- high
particales- very
post process- high
shading- high
shadows- medium
water- very

no motion blur
vsync off
1440p

Soldato
The problem with the latency testing was highlighted,even by TR.

In one of their earlier reviews,they tested BF3 in two areas. In one area it made the AMD cards look better,and in the other the Nvidia cards.

So,TBH,these reviews need a few test areas in a game.

You could just be seeing the results of testing different areas of a game!

Last edited:
Caporegime
also try downing shadow detail from high to medium. It increases fps by quite a bit and doesn't affect shadows much - Stand next to a shadow of yourself to see when changing from very high to medium

My settings (i5@4ghz, 670)

effects- Very
object- high
particales- very
post process- high
shading- high
shadows- medium
water- very

no motion blur
vsync off
1440p

I use similar settings, other than shadows on High, this on 1080P, it works well with good performance.

Caporegime
1080p all very high, 2xAA gets similar fps to those settings above and 1440p

No crashes for me on the new patch

I can do playable frame rates on all very high but not with any AA. it dips into the 20's (Min FPS) and starts rubber banding, so i have to turn it off, 1080P again.
@ 1440P there is no way i could do all very high.

This is me on all very high with 1x SMAA http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LzDBrSP46yA

With 1x SMAA and Fraps taking a chunk out of my frame rates that is what it plays like when not recording and all very high + 2x SMAA, its not playable. and it adds a huge delay to mouse inputs, i'm not actually that slow and off target, i just couldn't work the mouse.

Last edited:
Soldato
its better to record / take photos with the fps counter showing

I agree, the problem i'm having is when using Dxtory to record (Fraps is the same for that matter) it seems to conflict with MSI AB and black screen on loading, i'm not sure i can record and show framerate whilst recording with Dxtory, without a secondary program (Fraps, MSI AB etc) showing the FPS.

Back
Top Bottom