• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Crysis 3 performance

Associate
Got the update and now it crashes on singleplayer at the end of the loading screen, anyone else had this problem?

Yes, same problem here and as other poster Arcane further up. Keep trying to load my SP game it loads and just seems to freeze and task manager then says Crysis 3 has stopped working.

Tried starting a brand new game and it works fine. I get a slight feeling that they might have broken some people's save games in this update. If so, that's kinda balls.

Soldato
I completed the game yesterday.

The frame rate towards the end of the game forced me to drop down to High.

Bit frustrated at my 3rd card causing problems/not being used at all.

Game was nowhere near as good as Far Cry 3, dissapointing weapon and enemy selection and the environment got on my **** after a while. I was expecting "Escape From New York" and ended up with Predator 2, without Danny Glover. The ending did offer some hope though, meh.

Soldato
This isn't a performance question as I haven't got the bloody game yet...

How long did it take to get your product download key? (for those that got it via the Reloaded promo)
I got the automated response email with no key and this was on Saturday.
I've emailed AMD twice now to ask what the deal is and no response so far.

Soldato
This isn't a performance question as I haven't got the bloody game yet...

How long did it take to get your product download key? (for those that got it via the Reloaded promo)
I got the automated response email with no key and this was on Saturday.
I've emailed AMD twice now to ask what the deal is and no response so far.

I bought a code from the MM last week? (not sure)
Redeemed the code, and got another email a few days later with the Crysis code.

It might be a case of waiting, i wasn't in a rush as i bought them for a friend anyway - hopefully you get yours soon.

Edit: Redeemed the "Cysis 3 + Bioshock" codes on the 5th, received the Crysis 3 codes on the 7th.

Soldato
Well I have found the max stable gaming clocks on my HD7970 - 1250/6400

Framerates are now in the 30-50 range consistantly* ("High" settings with shadows on medium @ 3600x1920) with the majority of the time spent in the high 30's / low 40's.

*Tested on the long "Dam" level (No idea what it was called).

Overall I am pretty pleased although I am tempted by a second 7970 to push the settings up higher.

Man of Honour
Well I have found the max stable gaming clocks on my HD7970 - 1250/6400

Framerates are now in the 30-50 range consistantly* ("High" settings with shadows on medium @ 3600x1920) with the majority of the time spent in the high 30's / low 40's.

*Tested on the long "Dam" level (No idea what it was called).

Overall I am pretty pleased although I am tempted by a second 7970 to push the settings up higher.

Go for the second HD 7970 it's a stunning game - I have only had a quick go on it with the settings maxed but I am going to give it a serious go when I have finished my latest build.

Soldato
At 1080p with a 7970 @1200/1700, I've found that sticking everything on Very High/4xMSAA/Vsync Off gives around 40-60fps. Mid 40's average.
Using Radeon pro's adaptive Vsync helps to reduce screen tear (more of a light ripple really).

For me, these framerates are perfectly acceptable in this game and give smooth gameplay. I've stopped displaying and obsessing over the fps now and just got on with enjoying the game :)

EDIT: It seems that it's no longer the case for some reason. 2xMSAA gives this performance. Shadows on medium, objects on high.

Last edited:
Soldato
Crysis 3 is a killer... even on single screen 2560x1440, with everything maxed and TXAA 2 I am seeing 70-80% usage on 3 titans with Vsync on

sure is damn perdy though

Last edited:
Soldato
Just to add to my above post: It seems that 4xSMAA allows for avg mid 40's fps with the aforementioned settings with the exception that I now have in-game Vsync enabled.
Plays nice and smooth imo. I definitely don't find myself wishing for 60fps minimum, though it'd be nice I suppose.

Associate
Ive also put this in the gaming thread so sorry if people have read it twice but looking for some help.

Im hoping someone can help out here because im at my wits end now with this game and my setup.

I have crossfired ATI cards that are brilliant in many many other games except for certain parts of this one.

When im indoors or anywhere outside that isnt rendering grass really my GPU usage for both cards is about 80%-100% which is fine as its exactly the same with most games and gives me a very playable framerate @ 1080p on high settings.

When i render grass outside or am just close up to it crouched the GPU's are only using about 40-45% load and my frames are tanking down to the high 20's low 30's and it makes it very sluggish. I have attached pics to demonstrate the situation does anyone have any idea why this is happening and if i can fix it ?

Edit: ive tried the latest official drivers and couple of beta's all to the same problem and i have the latest CAP profiles installed.

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/64436139/Crysis3_2013_03_18_19_09_58_931.jpg
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/64436139/Crysis3_2013_03_17_22_33_16_578.jpg
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/64436139/Crysis3_2013_03_18_19_12_39_363.jpg
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/64436139/Crysis3_2013_03_18_19_12_29_881.jpg

Please keep images to below 1280px - Rilot

Soldato
@BauerCTU. You are not supposed to install the caps with the latest drivers. I suggest installing 13.3 beta 2 as they are suppost to be the best drivers for crysis 3. Until amd say so don't install any caps as they are now in the drivers.

Back
Top Bottom