• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Crysis 3 performance

Permabanned
I just recreated those settings with vsync off and right at the start of the game get 64fps.

I can only assume you only like gaming at very high fps or there is an issue with your machine. If a single 670 can do ~65 then I would have thought SLI could do in the region of 100

No, as I mentioned earlier it is just some scenes which drag the fps down, otherwise it plays fine.

At the start when you are handed the bow for the first time, look into the area through the top windows and the fps will grind down.

Soldato
What settings am I looking at with crossfire OC 7950s? Like above 60 FPS really (120 Hz monitor)

(1150/1600)

1920*1080

I'm using a couple of W3 7950s and have everything on very high and running at 720p till I get a new monitor. All going nicely. How high did you get your xfire OC and was that on air?

Soldato
I'm using a couple of W3 7950s and have everything on very high and running at 720p till I get a new monitor. All going nicely. How high did you get your xfire OC and was that on air?

Yeah on air.

Got a Gigabyte WF 3x in the top slot which does 1275/1700 on its own and a HIS IceQ in the bottom slot which does 1200/1650.

I just run 1100-1150/1600 as an everyday clock as it's often overkill at 1920*1080.

Soldato
What have you upped the voltage to? Do you OC them separately then or together at the same clock? I never thought about running separate clocks and like you I think my bottom card can't manage what my top card can.

Associate
just got my card very pleased with how it runs on high settings

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=S44oFJQK5YM#!

sorry for the screen size lol

70ygrs.jpg

not sure if i should overclock it if i do should i use cc or trixx

Last edited:
Soldato
What have you upped the voltage to? Do you OC them separately then or together at the same clock? I never thought about running separate clocks and like you I think my bottom card can't manage what my top card can.

I run them at the same speed when CF is enabled but there's no reason not to run them at different speeds.

For 1150/1600 the voltage is set to 1.2V on both. Doesn't need to be this high but temps are fine so it's easier for me.

Associate
I just recreated those settings with vsync off and right at the start of the game get 64fps.

I can only assume you only like gaming at very high fps or there is an issue with your machine. If a single 670 can do ~65 then I would have thought SLI could do in the region of 100

Not sure with those settings, but my SLI 670's running at stock with everything maxed (except motion blur) @ 1080 can run the game on avg around 50-60 FPS (few dips here and there).

Soldato
What settings am I looking at with crossfire OC 7950s? Like above 60 FPS really (120 Hz monitor)

(1150/1600)

1920*1080

I only had CF when Crysis was in beta, but i played with everything on high for 100+fps and V-high would set me about 60-70fps average but drops into mid 30s (was online with old drivers though)

If you're anything like me, this game wont really feel smooth up till around the 100+fps mark anyway. Take this with a pinch of salt though, i was playing in the beta so old drivers :D

Soldato
No, as I mentioned earlier it is just some scenes which drag the fps down, otherwise it plays fine.

At the start when you are handed the bow for the first time, look into the area through the top windows and the fps will grind down.

This window? Just got the bow looked through and dropped to 40 at lowest
xWaFt72.jpg.png

wTrIL14.jpg.png

Permabanned
There you are, I have no idea why it does that. I only did a fresh o/s install (Windows 8) and updated all my drivers last week so I can't imagine why the frames drop so much with the settings I use.

zkH57Ec.jpg
0PjoT8E.jpg
oBQgotg.jpg
miSu4bF.jpg
guQDmMu.jpg
0GIbrIy.jpg
pBJWCMx.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
In game shots 1, 3 and 4 the usage is very low - 40% on each card instead of near 100% - that will explain the low fps. Now to work out why it does that. Are the cards overclocked and maybe throttling back? My card did that when i was playing half life 2 with cinematc mod when it was overclocked too much. it dropped to about 15fps

Last edited:
Associate
Crysis 3 had a patch today and it seems to have addressed the crashing for some.

My gpu's now have a higher usage reading at approx 98 percent each and a higher smoother framerate but while overclocked, the temps on the top cards hit 97c causing the card to pass out.

I have raised the fan profile and set the clocks to default so that the top card doesn't go over 88c.

This game is like a stress test just like furmark or something.

Soldato
Crysis 3 had a patch today and it seems to have addressed the crashing for some.

My gpu's now have a higher usage reading at approx 98 percent each and a higher smoother framerate but while overclocked, the temps on the top cards hit 97c causing the card to pass out.

I have raised the fan profile and set the clocks to default so that the top card doesn't go over 88c.

This game is like a stress test just like furmark or something.

Its way more hardcore than furmark. Try and keep below 70c otherwise kelper boost will drop by increments of 13mhz on the core (within about every few c more than 70)

Soldato
Most likely already posted, but I found these benchmarks very interesting.

It seems to suggest that at 1920x1080, Very high details, very high tex, motion blur medium, lens flair enabled, 2x smaa, 16x AF the minimum fps are the same for cards as low as the 7870/660ti all the way up too Titans/690's and 7970 xfires!

Also the frame variance results look strange. The 680 has terrible frame variance compared to the 670 for instance....

Caporegime
Most likely already posted, but I found these benchmarks very interesting.

It seems to suggest that at 1920x1080, Very high details, very high tex, motion blur medium, lens flair enabled, 2x smaa, 16x AF the minimum fps are the same for cards as low as the 7870/660ti all the way up too Titans/690's and 7970 xfires!

Also the frame variance results look strange. The 680 has terrible frame variance compared to the 670 for instance....

Someone should send that to The Tech Report. I wonder if they will write another frame latency article on it. I'm guessing they won't. :D

DG3Qkpn.png

Back
Top Bottom