So this Pokemon Go fad thing ..............

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Someone wanted to know where he was because they only knew one of his former usernames and posted a thread with the title "Dimple" so everyone thought it was to announce his passing and therefore a Don felt a name change was fitting.

I've had more than one person try and mindlessly amble out in front of my bike while it appears they're playing this, my head lights are brighter than the sun, my exhaust makes babies cry and it's a ****ing road!?!!?! Total morons.

Ahh, glad he's not actually dead :)

Soldato
As the article points out... what is there to do when you've caught them all?

Seems like not a lot. So this can only ever be a short-lived fascination for a couple months.

Before too long it'll all be over.

Yeah if only they could update the game and add more features

Seems like not a lot. So this can only ever be a short-lived fascination for a couple months.

This is only one person (in the UK atleast) who has caught them all. Thousands of people are still miles of that goal. People aren't going to go "Well, 1 person did it, better pack everything up then." Then there's everything else outside of just solely hunting down each Pokemon, and these features will only been enhanced with future updates like most modern software.

I dont even play the game myself, but I find some people's mentality in this thread rather weird. Do you take personal offence seeing others going outside and having fun or something? And the whole "they need to get a life" ... say the people criticising others over the internet on a computer forum :D

Last edited:
Man of Honour
I'm not really following Pokemon Go but I'm sure I read somewhere one of the new features will be the ability to fight each other. Which makes sense.

I actually think they are going to keep it light and mass spam advertising for the upcoming 3DS games.

Man of Honour
OP
I dont even play the game myself, but I find some people's mentality in this thread rather weird. Do you take personal offence seeing others going outside and having fun or something? And the whole "they need to get a life" ... say the people criticising others over the internet on a computer forum :D

And he's lost 2 stone.

I started this thread concerning the safety of users and to be honest since I started the thread I haven't had one incident so my concerns were misplaced. In fact I can't say that I've seen the tell tale signs of people playing and that includes school kids early in the morning. My nephew said he had stopped playing it because it took too much of his battery and he preferred to do other stuff.

Soldato

Nintendo dropped 20% in its worth the other day because people doubt their profits, I dont doubt they can invent some trading or powerup thing for people to spend their money on
Bit like facebook, people feared they wouldnt advertise enough but turns out they found a way :p

chaos theory
http://www.atlasobscura.com/article...ory-that-might-be-secretly-driving-pokemon-go

Caporegime
Nintendo dropped 20% in its worth the other day because people doubt their profits, I dont doubt they can invent some trading or powerup thing for people to spend their money on
Bit like facebook, people feared they wouldnt advertise enough but turns out they found a way :p

chaos theory
http://www.atlasobscura.com/article...ory-that-might-be-secretly-driving-pokemon-go

I thought they dropped 20% the other day cause they announced the game wasnt theirs?????? (which it isnt) and not really about the profits from the game. after all they will only get 13% of the game profits not 100%.

Still they are up 30% on the back of a game which isnt theirs using their characters/world so I would say thats a brilliant success.

No whether the company who made the game and licensed the characters from Nintendo make any money is another thing.

However, its surprising how many people have bought micro transactions on this game even on this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom