So this Pokemon Go fad thing ..............

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
I have a level 874 Haunter, waiting for 40 more candies.

Also a lvl 931 Ponyta, i need 40 more candies for her too!

They will be good!

Associate
Tip to level up quick: catch a bucket load of pidgeys, make sure you have 100 plus pidgey candies. Use a lucky egg to double xp and evolve as many pidgeys as possible. You should earn 1000xp for each evolution.

Caporegime
Tip to level up quick: catch a bucket load of pidgeys, make sure you have 100 plus pidgey candies. Use a lucky egg to double xp and evolve as many pidgeys as possible. You should earn 1000xp for each evolution.

Easier said than done, ive only caught 6 so far :( I have no lucky eggs.

Man of Honour
Had my first Pokemon incident today.

Idiot was walking around on his phone doing whatever you need to do on the game, and walked straight into me, thus sending his phone to the floor. He had the audacity to blame me! I just told him to grow up and walked away - he wanted to take the matter further, but I think he realised it was his own fault. I don't enjoy confrontation so I'm glad he let it drop.

Seriously, I'm all for people playing games, but use a little bit of streetwise behaviour, and be aware of where you're walking and what you're doing.

Soldato
I got a Snorlax with Lick and Hyperbeam, I read on a thread that it's one of the most powerful movesets so I powered him up to 1300CP, literally destroyed every gym I've come across since. He beat a 2600CP Dragonite at a gym in Leeds city center yesterday, shame the game let's people take gyms while you're using potions to heal up after a fight

Associate

Idiot was walking around on his phone doing whatever you need to do on the game, and walked straight into me, thus sending his phone to the floor. He had the audacity to blame me! I just told him to grow up and walked away - he wanted to take the matter further, but I think he realised it was his own fault. I don't enjoy confrontation so I'm glad he let it drop.

Seriously, I'm all for people playing games, but use a little bit of streetwise behaviour, and be aware of where you're walking and what you're doing.

Instead of playing Pokemon Go I've been playing walk as normal and see how many people with their heads in their phones unsuspectingly amble into my path. Not managed to walk into anyone yet, they all seem to notice last minute and jump out of the way.

Man of Honour
Instead of playing Pokemon Go I've been playing walk as normal and see how many people with their heads in their phones unsuspectingly amble into my path. Not managed to walk into anyone yet, they all seem to notice last minute and jump out of the way.

The chap just stepped out right in front of me whereas most people would have stopped or weaved around. Whilst I'm not as big as I used to be I'm still a relatively visible being. Of course I'm sorry for the chap for his phone breaking, but at the same time I hope it teaches him to be a bit more aware and address his behaviour a little.

Soldato
The chap just stepped out right in front of me whereas most people would have stopped or weaved around. Whilst I'm not as big as I used to be I'm still a relatively visible being. Of course I'm sorry for the chap for his phone breaking, but at the same time I hope it teaches him to be a bit more aware and address his behaviour a little.

That or get bigger again -- evolve, sir. It's the Pokemon way! ;)

Caporegime

Don't travel to China any time soon then....it was bad enough in 2013 with people glued to their phones, let alone now this is out

Soldato
Uninstalled this due to battery, gps, 3G and server annoyances. I'll get my pokemon fix from sun and moon when they come out.

BTW, whats with the [deceased] tag on Mr Grey Fox's username? A wee bit disconcerting that...

Man of Honour
Uninstalled this due to battery, gps, 3G and server annoyances. I'll get my pokemon fix from sun and moon when they come out.

BTW, whats with the [deceased] tag on Mr Grey Fox's username? A wee bit disconcerting that...

Someone wanted to know where he was because they only knew one of his former usernames and posted a thread with the title "Dimple" so everyone thought it was to announce his passing and therefore a Don felt a name change was fitting.

I've had more than one person try and mindlessly amble out in front of my bike while it appears they're playing this, my head lights are brighter than the sun, my exhaust makes babies cry and it's a ****ing road!?!!?! Total morons.

Last edited:
Soldato
Someone wanted to know where he was because they only knew one of this former usernames and posted a thread with the title "Dimple" so everyone thought it was to announce his passing and therefore a Don felt a name change was fitting.

I've had more than one person try and mindlessly amble out in front of my bike while it appears they're playing this, my head lights are brighter than the sun, my exhaust makes babies cry and it's a ****ing road!?!!?! Total morons.

Yeah, the chap was missing presumed dead until we jointly worked out that he had a name change. He retained a sense of humour in his newly-discovered afterlife. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom