**** The Official Samsung Galaxy S23 Family Thread ****

Caporegime
I've also had the same issue with the last few top end Samsungs I've had.

However I think its possibly down to some cables? It tends to start if I plug it into a 'non' samsung cable - started mostly on my S23 after I plugged it into my mac usb charger...

When it happened on my S22U Samsung came out and replaced the port for free - but still annoying.
Thanks. I'm well within warranty and couldn't sort before I went on holiday. I've since given the phone a proper clean including gently ridding the port of dust etc. Strangely - one cable worked fine and now more cables seem to work - particularly in a travel GaN charger I bought for India.

Associate
It's an okay time to buy now, managed to get it down to £1,009 by stacking 2 codes
vOREtMf.png

Quidco has an offer for the next 2 days for 20% cashback (£200+ back). Which I also used when buying my S23, which helped me get mine for under £500.
hSLoHyr.png

This brings the total price down to around £800
I did the same but used the APP5 code and another code, and traded in my Fold 3 and got the Ultra 512GB for £587!

My delivery says the 24th also, but hoping it will be before then

Man of Honour
Anybody in search of a 128GB S23 (contract) this is fire!

£543
Less £100 cashback
+ earbuds (sell for £80)
+ 12m Disney+ (sell for £40)

£323 (£360 ish after mid-contract price rises) for a S23 + 100GB 24mth contract
Less £12/mth for the contract and the phone is basically £35 lol

Yes I've given in to temptation and bought it even though I don't need it lol

Last edited:
Soldato
I've also had the same issue with the last few top end Samsungs I've had.

However I think its possibly down to some cables? It tends to start if I plug it into a 'non' samsung cable - started mostly on my S23 after I plugged it into my mac usb charger...

When it happened on my S22U Samsung came out and replaced the port for free - but still annoying.
Thanks. I'm well within warranty and couldn't sort before I went on holiday. I've since given the phone a proper clean including gently ridding the port of dust etc. Strangely - one cable worked fine and now more cables seem to work - particularly in a travel GaN charger I bought for India.

I never had problems with any of my Samsung charging ports S7, S9, S10 and S21 Ultra but why are you still cables and not wireless chargers?

Soldato
Starting happening with my Note 10, then S22U and now S23U, gets about 7/8 months in and then the port becomes unreliable, only charges if really pushed in and then not nudged at all.

Wireless charging just isn't convenient at all, and is slow to charge.

Caporegime
I never had problems with any of my Samsung charging ports S7, S9, S10 and S21 Ultra but why are you still cables and not wireless chargers?
Because I can't use the phone as easily whilst wirelessly charging and it only goes up to 15w. I do use one as a backup at work though.

Soldato
I spend a lot of time travelling and on tour busses, nowhere to put a wireless pad and it would never stay sat on it on a moving bus!

Shouldn't be too much to ask of a £1300 phone for the charging port to tolerate being plugged and plugged multiple times a day :o

Soldato
I spend a lot of time travelling and on tour busses, nowhere to put a wireless pad and it would never stay sat on it on a moving bus!

Shouldn't be too much to ask of a £1300 phone for the charging port to tolerate being plugged and plugged multiple times a day :o
Honestly sounds like you're rough with the phone. My S20 Ultra usb port is still fine and it's nearly 4 years old. I have to plug it in multiple times a day too because the battery is crap now!

Last edited:
Soldato
Search X formerly known as Twitter for 'Get 10% off at Samsung.com'
Thank you for that. I genuinely didn't think they would let me stack two codes. However, against a 256GB S23 I've managed to:

15% Birthday code
10% Friends code
They offered me £225 for my S21
Then of course the £100 cashback and FE Buds

Was flip-flopping between the S23 and a Pixel 8 - but the lack of any real BF deal from Google swung this one.

Ta

Soldato
Honestly sounds like you're rough with the phone. My S20 Ultra usb port is still fine and it's nearly 4 years old. I have to plug it in multiple times a day too because the battery is crap now!

Yeah, that was the conclusion I was coming to :D

Its like people who say Gorilla Glass is rubbish because they keep on breaking their iPhone screens. Then you see the lack of care they take of their phones :eek:

Last edited:

A2Z

A2Z

Soldato
Thank you for that. I genuinely didn't think they would let me stack two codes. However, against a 256GB S23 I've managed to:

15% Birthday code
10% Friends code
They offered me £225 for my S21
Then of course the £100 cashback and FE Buds

Was flip-flopping between the S23 and a Pixel 8 - but the lack of any real BF deal from Google swung this one.

Ta
Could you not get the same discounts for the Ultra? Would pick it over the base S23 all day every day.

Associate
Spigen Tough Armour and Ultra Hybrid cases mainly plus a Quad Lock case for when I'm on my motorbike. Screen protection I use the Whitestone dome glass.

Back
Top Bottom