**** The Official Samsung Galaxy S23 Family Thread ****

Caporegime
Phone in for repair with my dodgy charging port. Back on my Poco F3 which is still decent but the polish of the Ultra is noticeable and don't even get me started about the camera :p. One thing I do like and miss about it - side mounted fingerprint reader which works a dream.

Associate
Any reason why my Google Play version is stuck on July when I think the latest is November?

I've tried clearing Google Play services and Google Play store caches but it still thinks July is the latest

Soldato
Any reason why my Google Play version is stuck on July when I think the latest is November?

I've tried clearing Google Play services and Google Play store caches but it still thinks July is the latest

Mines on 23.46.585681855 28 Nov

Have you tried wiping the the phone cache ?

Soldato
Last edited:

A2Z

A2Z

Soldato
Ever since I updated to One UI 6.0, if I want to see my screen on time, it only shows it from midnight to midnight each day.

Any way to get it to show how it was before, since last full charge?

Soldato
OP
Ever since I updated to One UI 6.0, if I want to see my screen on time, it only shows it from midnight to midnight each day.

Any way to get it to show how it was before, since last full charge?
Nope, stops people from complaining about their screen on time :D

• Sad
Reactions: A2Z
Associate
Picked up a new S23+ after my S20+ battery swelled and during changing the battery it literally blew-up, never had this happen before and never have i seen so much smoke from a device, gutted but onward and upwards with a new S23+ where i hope the same issue dosent happen again....time will tell...

Also sharing the link here in case its got lost in other pages, you can claim Samsung Galaxy-buds for free, 12 months of Disney+ for free, plus £100 cash back if you purchase a Samsung S23 Family model from certain retailers between 8th November 2023 - 25th January 2024 - https://samsungoffers.claims/winterdeals/S23trio/en-GB

Last edited:
Soldato
It's so subtle on the 23U that it basically makes little to no difference though. Unless the camera is a generation beyond the 23U then I see no reason to upgrade considering other things like battery etc appear to be unchanged, inc charging.
Will you be preordering on the unpacked event day then? :)

Last edited:
Man of Honour
No, So far I see no reason to change up as nothing points to substantial camera improvements. Lots of chatter about AI this and AI that though. My battery is also lasting me 1 day 2 hours on average, it really is an all day powerhouse lol.

Last edited:
Associate

And for 2026

Associate
** Help needed please **

I got a S23 Ultra just over 3 weeks ago and I'm getting screen burn in the lower part of the screen (two circles joined by a line).
I've contacted Samsung and they say it will take up to 11 days to get it fixed.
Can anyone tell me if that figure is correct or are they just covering themselves?

They also said that doing a factory reset might cure them problem. That seems like BS.

I'm out of the 14 day full refund return window. But I could return it up to January, but the conditions basically say if you've done more than review the phone, they'll start deducting money from any refund.
Plus I traded in my old phone when I bought it. So I'm not sure how much I'd get back.

My preference is the repair the phone, but 11 days without a phone will be tough.

Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom