Championship/EFL Thread 23/24

Soldato
Yeah, the Championship standard is shocking this season. I can't see Ipswich or Leicester dropping enough points now, even with a little wobble, the rest aren't good enough, including Leeds to catch them. Farke needs to rest some players, and/or change the formation, Piroe is wasted at no10, Rutter and James were terrible last night, they need a rest. I know we've done well but the result doesn't often tell the whole story of how bad we've been but got the result. Swansea, Plymouth, QPR, Norwich all spring to mind of recent games, it's just good they are all terrible.
Ipswich play Leicester twice in the next 6 weeks I think, if they loose both of those suddenly Southampton and Leeds are breathing down their necks. They have had a stunning season so far but there is still a long way to go and they have smaller squad and shallower pockets than the other clubs at the top.

Don
OP
Ipswich play Leicester twice in the next 6 weeks I think, if they loose both of those suddenly Southampton and Leeds are breathing down their necks. They have had a stunning season so far but there is still a long way to go and they have smaller squad and shallower pockets than the other clubs at the top.

Well Leeds and Southampton aren’t exactly in formidable form right now. Certainly a must win for Leeds when they play Ipswich next.

Soldato
Well Leeds and Southampton aren’t exactly in formidable form right now. Certainly a must win for Leeds when they play Ipswich next.
Saints unbeaten run is getting longer and putting 4 past Blackburn will hopefully be a boost. I’m not hugely optimistic we will catch Ipswich but I haven’t given up hope just yet, Leicester I think are long gone but there is still a small chance of second place.

Associate
Leicester will struggle when the African Nations cup starts, if Leeds beat Ipswich this weekend, the pressure is on them with their first of two games against Leicester. It’s easy to suddenly find yourself with no wins in three.

Southampton are looking strong, a big few games coming up for all the top 6 and then we have the transfer window and who will come out stronger and weaker. Ipswich also have a £4m compensation package set into their coaches contract. He will be top of the mid table PL teams wanted list when the merry go round of sackings starts

Top two look strong but we’re not half way yet.

Last edited:
Associate
Leicester will struggle when the African Nations cup starts, if Leeds beat Ipswich this weekend, the pressure is on them with their first of two games against Leicester. It’s easy to suddenly find yourself with no wins in three.

Southampton are looking strong, a big few games coming up for all the top 6 and then we have the transfer window and who will come out stronger and weaker. Ipswich also have a £4m compensation package set into their coaches contract. He will be top of the mid table PL teams wanted list when the merry go round of sackings starts

Top two look strong but we’re not half way yet.
I'm not convinced Leicester will struggle, although it will have some impact. Only 4 players will be lost, but it will definitely leave us a bit short in the forward line with daka and iheanacho missing, however we haven't really relied on any of our strikers for goals this season.

Soldato
I'm not convinced Leicester will struggle, although it will have some impact. Only 4 players will be lost, but it will definitely leave us a bit short in the forward line with daka and iheanacho missing, however we haven't really relied on any of our strikers for goals this season.
Ndidi will be missed more than anyone, especially as Wilf becomes a free agent in the summer.

Associate

Ndidi will be missed more than anyone, especially as Wilf becomes a free agent in the summer.
Mavididi 7 Goals 4 assists, Kelechi Iheanacho 2 goals 6 assists, Wilfred Ndidi 3 goals 5 assists.

If you don’t struggle with those three missing then you’ve got some hot replacements

Soldato
It's difficult to think of a worse team that has come to ER this season than Ipswich, they were really that bad. How are teams being pushed over so easily by them!
Tbh, Ipswich have been brilliant considering they've come from League one, while Leeds and Leicester have dropped from the PL.

Still a long way to go, anything can happen. Soton are another one waiting to take advantage of slip-ups from Ipswich or Leeds.

Last edited:
Don
OP
Tbh, Ipswich have been brilliant considering they've come from League one, while Leeds and Leicester have dropped from the PL.

Still a long way to go, anything can happen. Soton are another one waiting to take advantage of slip-ups from Ipswich or Leeds.

Absolutely, just shocked just how poor they were, more surprised they couldn’t be beaten by more in this league this season.

Associate
Absolutely, just shocked just how poor they were, more surprised they couldn’t be beaten by more in this league this season.
They will be, they’ve been riding on a high. The local Norwich derby was always going to be tricky. Leeds knocked some stuffing out of them, a defeat to Leicester and it’s no wins in 3. If Leeds beat Preston the gap closes, Leicester will beat Ipswich and the pressure will mount

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom