Championship/EFL Thread 23/24

Associate
Even better for Leicester, now 10 pts clear of Ipswich :D
I‘m surprised at how well Leicester have kept going, I thought they would be catchable with the African cup looming. I did feel and hope Norwich would be the first part of Ipswich starting to falter so with 2 games against Leicester in the space of a month I’d resigned myself to having to root for Leicester.

I felt a while back Ipswich wouldn’t be able to keep it up, they’ll hopefully be like Preston now, Southampton are strong contenders for second

Caporegime
Er2Dk5lXIAEjVE-.jpg

Soldato
Phew, glad they didn't sack him earlier. Good luck with the new manager bounce brum, it should be a good one given the squads clearly got talent, they were just completely disorganised and lacking tactically yesterday.

Soldato
What a laughing stock Birmingham look.

If they go back to the other guy he better be asking for double the salary!
JE is still under contract so they could go back to him without it costing them a penny. Not that they would - that would be very professionally embarrassing for GC (more so than swapping JE for WR to start with)

Last edited:
Soldato
What's funny with Birmingham is that twice now they've sacked managers when they were doing objectively good to replace them with a "name" who can't manage

In our defence, as fans, we pointed this out from the outset. If WR came with a great resume that's one thing but I'd argue most (certainly the vast majority) of Blues fans knew it was destined to fail from the very start and "Zola 2.0".

Caporegime
In our defence, as fans, we pointed this out from the outset. If WR came with a great resume that's one thing but I'd argue most (certainly the vast majority) of Blues fans knew it was destined to fail from the very start and "Zola 2.0".

Oh I imagine as fans it must be frustrating
It's an aspect of football I find very bizarre in that the fans don't have any say whatsoever really, but what exactly is the point of a club if not for the fans.

Zola was always destined to fail as well, he was crap

Soldato
Oh I imagine as fans it must be frustrating
It's an aspect of football I find very bizarre in that the fans don't have any say whatsoever really, but what exactly is the point of a club if not for the fans.

Zola was always destined to fail as well, he was crap

I, like most Blues fans, am excited for the future under Knighthead after 10+ years of misery and it all started so well before the appointment of WR. Off the field Knighthead are doing so great things and the open house they conducted was a great example of how to include fans and communicate with them. All of which makes the on-field appointment of WR so baffling to begin with.

I think most of us put it down to a mixture of nepotism on behalf of Garry Cook, and their/his wish for a "marquee" manager. I hope they continue the good work they've done apart from this and appoint someone who can drive us forward for the next 5 years.

Last edited:
Soldato
So as someone who doesn't follow the Championship as much as I do the EPL, was it literally just the manager change to Rooney that saw them drop from playoff contenders to bring closer to the bottom of the table?

Last edited:
Associate
I‘m surprised at how well Leicester have kept going, I thought they would be catchable with the African cup looming. I did feel and hope Norwich would be the first part of Ipswich starting to falter so with 2 games against Leicester in the space of a month I’d resigned myself to having to root for Leicester.

I felt a while back Ipswich wouldn’t be able to keep it up, they’ll hopefully be like Preston now, Southampton are strong contenders for second
Fatawu not in the Ghana squad is a big positive for Leicester. Cannon looks like he knows where the back of the net is in the absence of Daka, Iheanacho and Vardy, and defensively there’s not going to be an issue with AFCON. KDH is an absolute beast in this division. Things looking good for the foxes.

Last edited:
Soldato
Trouble at Birmingham, any money they may have had for new players will now be sat in Wayne Rooney's bank

Not true. Since FFP constraints a lot of EFL clubs are inserting "under-performance" clauses into manager contracts to avoid large settlements in the event the manager is dismissed. Even if that's not the case with Wayne Rooney he's publicly come out and stated he's waived any compensation he may be due.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom