Championship/EFL Thread 23/24

Don
OP
What's happening with Leeds, too much Yorkshire pudding? :D

Classic Leeds. That Standard away performance from us; Farke needs to pull something out of the bag here as I'm getting very disillusioned with his game plans; I'm seeing him picking 11 very good individuals but with no real strategy in mind, another very poor away performance. Everyone could see Gray at right back is not right against decent wingers, his first half was poor, so put Spence there and Byram/Firpo left back, low and behold their winning goals come from Gray's side and him being rinsed, arrrgh!. Meslier is a clown mind.

Last edited:
Associate
Classic Leeds. That Standard away performance from us; Farke needs to pull something out of the bag here as I'm getting very disillusioned with his game plans; I'm seeing him picking 11 very good individuals but with no real strategy in mind, another very poor away performance. Everyone could see Gray at right back is not right against decent wingers, his first half was poor, so put Spence there and Byram/Firpo left back, low and behold their winning goals come from Gray's side and him being rinsed, arrrgh!. Meslier is a clown mind.
Would be typical of Leeds to finish with Ipswich in the playoffs and lose despite beating them comfortably and scoring 8 against them in two games, Derby all over again.

I like Farke, but the abundance of attacking talent at his disposal should he be doing better?

Don
OP
I fully expect Leeds to be beaten tonight unless something changes formation/team-wise. Away performances are a massive issue. Id like to see a 433 with an extra body in midfield and back to 4231 at home but don't see it. If I see Gray at RB I'm going to cry. WBA are another average side up there due to their style of play, but if they're up for it they will beat us.

Soldato
I fully expect Leeds to be beaten tonight unless something changes formation/team-wise. Away performances are a massive issue. Id like to see a 433 with an extra body in midfield and back to 4231 at home but don't see it. If I see Gray at RB I'm going to cry. WBA are another average side up there due to their style of play, but if they're up for it they will beat us.
I'd expect Daniel would be looking for a response tonight. If you play the same team as you did at the King Power, you'll be good.

I hope we can be more clinical away at Cardiff tonight.

Associate
Christ didn’t think we could be worse than vs Preston. Not sure what Farke does here, truly terrible.
Drop Ampadu into defence, move Gray back to the middle alongside Kamara, drop Piroe to the bench or play him instead of Rutter and work on moving the ball quicker our from defence when we play teams that like to defend

Don
OP
Drop Ampadu into defence, move Gray back to the middle alongside Kamara, drop Piroe to the bench or play him instead of Rutter and work on moving the ball quicker our from defence when we play teams that like to defend

Not sure Ampadu needs to move, he’s our most consistent performer. Defence of Byram - Strujik - Rodan - Spence is fine.

Gruev, Gray and Kamara are too alike and have no goal threat or creativity that’s what we’re missing.

I want Piroe at no 9. We have no number 10 so that’s a priority buy. Rutter RW and Summerville LW to change things up.

Soldato
Not sure Ampadu needs to move, he’s our most consistent performer. Defence of Byram - Strujik - Rodan - Spence is fine.

Gruev, Gray and Kamara are too alike and have no goal threat or creativity that’s what we’re missing.

I want Piroe at no 9. We have no number 10 so that’s a priority buy. Rutter RW and Summerville LW to change things up.
Watching Rutter play the 10 role today was majestic. Granted.....brum were woeful, but rutter dictated everything all game.

Don
OP
Watching Rutter play the 10 role today was majestic. Granted.....brum were woeful, but rutter dictated everything all game.

It's almost like we've all been asking for him to play there all season :p

I feel sorry for Piroe now that he hasn't had the opportunity at no9, Bamford scoring will keep him out for a few games i imagine, he was good today.

Soldato
It's almost like we've all been asking for him to play there all season :p

I feel sorry for Piroe now that he hasn't had the opportunity at no9, Bamford scoring will keep him out for a few games i imagine, he was good today.
I was so happy to see Bamford get a goal, will do his confidence wonders. He did a brilliant job of pulling defenders around with his movement today. Really hope he does get more chances, especially now that Farke has seen just what Rutter can do from the 10 position.

I also don't know who the last footballer i'd seen was that could hold off players like Rutter can. Viduka maybe? If Rutter could just find his shooting boots he'd be an all round attacking nightmare.

Back
Top Bottom