Project: Two storey/part single storey side and rear extensions

Associate
Door thresholds would not bother me so much, but that sticky out bit of wood is going to get stubbed toes galore over the years. Also don't settle for wobbly tower rads, those things can weigh a ton when filled, and if you have kids, you don't want them coming down if they decide to hang off them.

kai

kai

Soldato
OP
I hope you point them in the direction of this thread!

To a certain extent i told them just be careful. Young couple, super excited to start the project (My wife and I was exactly like them back in April 23).
Door thresholds would not bother me so much, but that sticky out bit of wood is going to get stubbed toes galore over the years. Also don't settle for wobbly tower rads, those things can weigh a ton when filled, and if you have kids, you don't want them coming down if they decide to hang off them.

Door thresholds are being fixed, and the "sticky wood out bit" will be used as i am going have the step made into a bull-nose and rounded with oak caps (when this guy has gone).

kai

kai

Soldato
OP
It's not finished yet, but we are starting to bring in stuff for the kitchen area. Apart from the door threshold work, everything is complete apart from the snagging. Play room, downstairs toilet and snug are also 99% complete; including office knock-through.
CAXydtI.png

WxSMiMj.png

BVEvD54.png

Last edited:
Associate
To a certain extent i told them just be careful. Young couple, super excited to start the project (My wife and I was exactly like them back in April 23).
What the actual ****.

You have given him a reference after what you have been through? Seriously? Look back at the content of your posts - have some decency and tell them the truth.

You owe the builder nothing, certainly not a reference to an unexpecting couple. Absolute hippocrite. :eek:

kai

kai

Soldato
OP
What the actual ****.

You have given him a reference after what you have been through? Seriously? Look back at the content of your posts - have some decency and tell them the truth.

You owe the builder nothing, certainly not a reference to an unexpecting couple. Absolute hippocrite. :eek:

Firstly i should have given more context. I have to be careful what i say as there stuff going on legally. I did NOT give a reference; i refused. I said we can discuss at the end when i have all my outstanding materials and signed off. I still need to walk the line as there are still big ticket items left.

I told the developer this and he assured me they just wanted to see a roof lantern and the glass for the bedroom. The couple showed up actually unexpected as i had just told the developer within minutes of that conversation they were at the door.

I said i would not discuss our journey or provide any type of postive feedback and said you can make of that what you wish, just “be careful” with your decision. I showed some photos and outlined my timeline.

I said “enough” and provided what i felt would be red flags, what they decide with that information is on them.

Last edited:
Associate
You have allowed his potential new client into your home to look around - this would give the impression that you endorse the builder.

Probably similarly to the property that you viewed prior to taking on the builder.

Stockholm syndrome much?

kai

kai

Soldato
OP
You have allowed his potential new client into your home to look around - this would give the impression that you endorse the builder.

Probably similarly to the property that you viewed prior to taking on the builder.

Stockholm syndrome much?
Very, very different conversation and tone. As I have said above, it might have been no less than 5 minutes before putting the phone down and someone at the door.

I was not going to turn them away. I told them factual information. They can do what they want but i personally would have not made the same decision again if i had had that intro.

Caporegime
It's not finished yet, but we are starting to bring in stuff for the kitchen area. Apart from the door threshold work, everything is complete apart from the snagging. Play room, downstairs toilet and snug are also 99% complete; including office knock-through.

WxSMiMj.png

Kitchen looks great.

Where's the sofa from?

Was one side of the bi-folds existing? The handles (and hinges) are different styles, colours and heights?

kai

kai

Soldato
OP
Kitchen looks great.

Where's the sofa from?

Was one side of the bi-folds existing? The handles (and hinges) are different styles, colours and heights?
The sofa is from DFS. It's the Nuela range.

It's been wrapped up and stored so it needs the leather heated and stretching. Super comfy and it's pretty big, something like 10ft x 7ft.

Yes they are existing doors we utilized. The handle will be changed to a larger white and should be pretty difficult to easily detect. There is also a slight height difference.

They are PVC whereas the new are aluminium. Just seemed a waste of money to replace these are they are only a couple of years old.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom