Project: Two storey/part single storey side and rear extensions

Associate
From here:
We had a discussion with the developer this morning, and he seems perplexed about why we can't move in without front doors (all other clients have no issue with this). Despite emphasising the safety concerns, especially with a 2-year-old in the house, and the fact that our home insurance does not cover such situations, he is eager for us to occupy. Currently, his building insurance is liable for any issues. We know as soon as we move in work will grind to a halt.

On a positive note, we've managed to start moving things back into the kitchen. My wife, who had been hapring on forever for an open larder for quite some time, is somewhat pleased and can finally see small glimers of an end in sight.

ORizjll.png

This room is being painted today; it's just a small playroom for our daughter but i had someone make a window seat toy box. Should look really nice once its all painted in.

9ymlySv.png
One of the larder presses has usual stuff plugged in and hidden. Nice touch tbh

Soldato
Ah yeah, that's not a bad idea. I think i'd still have added some more at worktop level but i do also like the cleaner look.

Maybe i just have too many utensils, but i'd have thought a Kettle/Toaster would destroy the inside of the cupboard over time.

kai

kai

Soldato
OP
Kitchen looks good. Im surprised there's only one set of sockets though. Do you not plug much in?
I thought kitchen island would have some of those.
Me too. It could be that they've just got a lot better and more discrete than when i had one installed around 12 years ago, but that worktop looks solid all round.

There are lots of sockets hidden that you are unable to see (i.e. larder) as we wanted a really minimalist work suface look (no clutter) ; we also have sockets built into cupboards, larders etc. The island also has 4 sockets locked under and around with USB C / USB and Cat5e there if needed.

XjtFQRZ.png

Last edited:
Soldato
@kai That all sounds very cool. I had assumed it was more just something we were missing vs not being available. I do agree it's easy to clutter worktops once you start adding coffee machines, air fryers, kettles and toasters.

That larder cupboard with spice racks is brilliant though. Will be looking to steal that!

EDIT - The idea that is, i'm not going to break into your house and steal an actual cupboard.

Last edited:
Soldato
@kai That all sounds very cool. I had assumed it was more just something we were missing vs not being available. I do agree it's easy to clutter worktops once you start adding coffee machines, air fryers, kettles and toasters.

That larder cupboard with spice racks is brilliant though. Will be looking to steal that!

EDIT - The idea that is, i'm not going to break into your house and steal an actual cupboard.
If you're going to steal it do it before his front door is on :D

kai

kai

Soldato
OP
We are very close to completing the journey home now. Most of the weekend was spent moving everything back into the house and arranging the new furniture. However, we can't officially move in yet without the front doors, as our insurance is would be void. Everything is still on the developers insurance

At the moment, everything feels a bit tarnished, and we're unable to fully enjoy this process. But as many have said, with time, all the problems we've faced will soon be forgotten. I'm also happy to see how closely my designs have matched the end product, especially considering I created them over a year ago. We have a few rooms left to be completed, artwork and the wife to go crazy with throws and cushions but we are within touching distance on the internal changes. Outside there is still a lot left to happen. This week's plan is the new master bathroom to tiled floor to ceiling and fitted.

Render:
XaDcl6b.png

Finished:
qsjrCf6.png

Dinning Render:

gJmPcdp.png

Finished:
GcpqXi7.png

Kitchen/TV Render
zkj3dH8.png

Nearly Finished

cnI2wzl.png

TRaDecZ.png

Utility Render:

TTwnOQN.png

Finished (Nearly):

T1w7j4E.png

M.Bedroom:

Last edited:
Associate
To be honest Kai for what you have paid for that i think you literally stole it.
It looks amazing and if it wasn't for the developers attitude and a few minor (in the big scheme of things) problems you should consider it a big win.

Soldato
To be honest Kai for what you have paid for that i think you literally stole it.
It looks amazing and if it wasn't for the developers attitude and a few minor (in the big scheme of things) problems you should consider it a big win.
This was the point I was trying to make back in December. It was never going to be easy -- I get the sense Kai was assuming a white glove service. Projects are tough, things go wrong, deadlines are not met...etc...

Soldato
This was the point I was trying to make back in December. It was never going to be easy -- I get the sense Kai was assuming a white glove service. Projects are tough, things go wrong, deadlines are not met...etc...
Builder shoves fist in your face though?

kai

kai

Soldato
OP
How are things progressing in the home stretch @kai

Slow; still very little progress. It's like one step forward - two back.
Have you got a front door yet? Hows the snagging going? Need more pics of the epic back garden and view.

Of course, it's the same old excuses. We're now being told from the 4th of March onwards for the doors. We're really running out of time here. Over the weekend, we had friends over as a mini house warming, and for the first time, we actually spent time in the house other than doing DIY as a family. However, it was so cold, even with the heating on, as we have a draft blowing in from the OSB door.

I will do some pictures now :) as they are currently tiling a bathroom.

Last edited:

kai

kai

Soldato
OP
@Mr.Stu

DrNbCU5.png

qRTWTdB.png

This was the orginal entrance back in 2014 to today.

9NLfFki.png
6fWTmit.png

This weekend, I also worked on installing wall panels for my office. Interestingly, the door into my office wasn't part of the original architecture plan, but it was mentioned in this thread before work began by @dlockers (thank you). We discussed the idea of having a door made into the office without the need for going outside, and it turned out to be one of the best decisions we made, ultimately changing the plan for the better.

moeneFm.png

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom