Project: Two storey/part single storey side and rear extensions

Associate
Looks good @kai. An internal door to office is a must!
We did not implement an internal door to our garage conversion office. The garage is semi-internal (hangs off the side of the main house). Main benefit being ability to completely sound isolate the office. My wife and kids can be inside having a party and I can still be on important calls etc. Also quite like the work/life separation, shut the door, and done for the night. Never find myself tempted to browse work stuff past 5pm. Swings and roundabouts I suppose, when it rains I get wet going to "work" :D

Last edited:
Soldato
We did not implement an internal door to our garage conversion office. The garage is semi-internal (hangs off the side of the main house). Main benefit being ability to completely sound isolate the office. My wife and kids can be inside having a party and I can still be on important calls etc. Also quite like the work/life separation, shut the door, and done for the night. Never find myself tempted to browse work stuff past 5pm. Swings and roundabouts I suppose, when it rains I get wet going to "work" :D
Mines on an extension to the rear and I don't feel stepping outside to get to it makes any difference to work/life seperation but that's me.

kai

kai

Soldato
OP
I added the acoustic panels to improve sound quality (that was my excuse ), but truthfully, I really appreciate not having to go outside anymre. So far, it's been quiet, especially since it's connected to the utility room. It's also more convenient during the evenings, considering i don't have the best work-life balance due to role . Now, popping in quickly to do emails late at night is a lot more feasible and convenient.

kai

kai

Soldato
OP
[

... you have a terrace/balcony outside your bedroom full length doors .. or it's locked for now.
]

Glass balcony to go in (another high ticket item) we are holding out for. It's around £1,200, we looked before making a decision to end contract and finish ourselves as they are 3M sliders. Another reason we are hesitant not to move in especially with a 2 year old.

Last edited:

kai

kai

Soldato
OP
We've reached a breaking point where we simply can't endure any more delays. Each day, we find ourselves chasing after our front doors, with only around 10 days left before we need to officially move out and effectively become homeless.

Today's excuse was that he wasn't feeling well and was lying down, so he couldn't follow up on our doors. We're extremely hesitant to move in without the doors, as our insurance would be void. We're considering giving an ultimatum tomorrow: if the doors aren't here by Friday, we'll source them from a different supplier and withhold that amount from the payment if he is not happy we are going end the contract and cut ties. These are doors that were supposedly ordered before December.

This week, they've been working on our young daughter's bathroom. From a distance, it looks good. However, our priority right now is getting those doors installed.

u67Fjny.jpeg

Can’t say I’m happy with the finishes. Is this normal? To have a toilet so far away from the wall they are using copper pipe

rcboiQG_d.webp

rbv8NsL.jpeg

The boxing in also leaves a lot to be desired of lack of.

1iaBTHA.jpeg

Last edited:
Soldato
Nah that toilet finish is terrible, they've just not really considered the waste pipe connection nkt being suitable for the toilet they've bought. Really you'd be better running it all behind fitted furniture.

The use of 32mm black waste pipe rather than white waste pipe for the basin seems to be a choice but looks odd to me.

Its just not very well thought through on the details but I like the floor tiles/colour tho!

Edit : in reality a proper first fix Id hazard a guess you could hide the washbasin pipework in the studwork or floor to get it to the soil stack, so it's just not really been thought through.

Last edited:
Soldato
Bathroom is rough but not end of world. I had a similar challenge with waste pipe and having to bring the toilet forward so I stuck a piece of floor tile on what you have there as cooper. Not perfect but not an issue.

The black waste - I guess the plan is to box it in.

Reactions: kai

kai

kai

Soldato
OP
Dam! neighbours have just knocked the door to say they have spotted rat's around the property. It's a small private street so we are all pretty close and friendly with everyone but it was really awkward. I said i will contact the developer this morning as he keeps promising to clear the rubbish but every day has an excuse. It's been like this since after January.

This is not the first time we have had this issue; we have had a complaint as it's been a lot worse but' our focus has been getting him to complete. I think paying a removal company myself would cost a lot of money as it's a double drive full with rubbish, stacked high with items such as old bathrooms etc.

FNG

FNG

Associate
Is the soil stack coming out the wall or the floor in the bathroom? If it is the wall I can't understand why the toilet is forward from the wall? I am guessing the sink waste goes into a boss on the toilet pan connector?

Last edited:
Associate
Dam! neighbours have just knocked the door to say they have spotted rat's around the property. It's a small private street so we are all pretty close and friendly with everyone but it was really awkward. I said i will contact the developer this morning as he keeps promising to clear the rubbish but every day has an excuse. It's been like this since after January.

This is not the first time we have had this issue; we have had a complaint as it's been a lot worse but' our focus has been getting him to complete. I think paying a removal company myself would cost a lot of money as it's a double drive full with rubbish, stacked high with items such as old bathrooms etc.
You live on a woodland - you'll get rats

Soldato
Is the soil stack coming out the wall or the floor in the bathroom? If it is the wall I can't understand why the toilet is forward from the wall? I am guessing the sink waste goes into a boss on the toilet pan connector?

I'm guessing the black pipe is the drain for the sink unit, but since the toilet is a solid pan, they have had to move it forward to run a straight pipe out the side of the sink unit and hence the toilet is moved forward to allow the pipe to travel to the waste pipes in the corner...

Shocking finishing and smacks of poor planning whoever was fitting it.

Should have the waste pipe under the floor into the corner waste then the toilet could go back against the wall. Just very poor planning all round from the fitter.

Even the radiator valve sticking out, rather than 90 degrees against the wall is poor. That's just waiting for someone to smash their shin off it when in/around the toilet.

Last edited:

kai

kai

Soldato
OP
I'm guessing the black pipe is the drain for the sink unit, but since the toilet is a solid pan, they have had to move it forward to run a straight pipe out the side of the sink unit and hence the toilet is moved forward to allow the pipe to travel to the waste pipes in the corner...

Shocking finishing and smacks of poor planning whoever was fitting it.

Should have the waste pipe under the floor into the corner waste then the toilet could go back against the wall. Just very poor planning all round from the fitter.

Even the radiator valve sticking out, rather than 90 degrees against the wall is poor. That's just waiting for someone to smash their shin off it when in/around the toilet.

There was a leak in the toilet so they have changed the pan fitting; this new flexi opposed to old solid soil pipe has allowed them to get it closer to the toilet not perfect but closer and they have built like a mini shelf so you can;t see when the toilet is fitted. After this it turns out the toilet is leaking and has a crack so it now needs to be replaced :x

T7QmKzw.png

kai

kai

Soldato
OP
You live on a woodland - you'll get rats

Yes, but not actively encouraging them by dumping rubbish and food outside across the drive. All good for a few weeks but its been like this since Christmas. We are talking above window height of endless, bags and bags of rubbish

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom