Are Jeans becoming unfashionable?

Soldato
Used to wear jeans all the time. I remember wearing them when I worked in call centres on dress down days or one CC had permanent dress down policy (no football/rugby/other sports shirts and no sandals) Dunno when I reverted to joggers/yoga pants.

Can't find a pair that suit me without spending £50+ on them. Either too short on the bum or tight on the thighs. Plus some jeans I have given up on fold over on the waistband making it uncomfortable.

Soldato
I never wear jeans anymore. They’re so uncomfortable, can’t move freely in them and the slightest bit of rain they’re heavy as hell and take forever to dry.

Lightweight fjallraven or patagonia trousers are the way to go.

Soldato
I bought a few pair of Wranglers when in US in2003 and they are still my go out jeans -
My working jeans have fallen apart so treated myself to three pairs at 16 quid a pair. Set up now till I kick the bucket.

Caporegime
The opportunity to post legging pics. :D
Offt. I've always got a legging pic!

otI8fEI.jpeg

Theres one from Norway. I'm in leggings on that!

I never wear jeans now. I hate them. Heavy, uncomfortable, navy/black basically drab colours.

Few years ago I realised I was only wearing them to fit in and I got rid of all of them.

Last edited:
Soldato
Hi guys.

Last weekend I went for a meal for my Dad's 70th birthday. There were about 20 of us, half being men roughly.

All the guys over 60 had Jeans on, all the people under 60 had other trousers like Chinos or cords etc on instead.

Are Jeans becoming unfashionable for none pension age people now, and more something that "old" people wear.

What a bunch of weirdos. Real men wear jeans regardless of age

Man of Honour
yes, look up iron heart jeans, samurai jeans, full count jeans, momotaro jeans, pure blue japan jeans, oni jeans, there are a load of other brands also that cost £180 - £300+

Jeans / clothes for me are just disposable items that I wear for anything. Whether it's gardening or going for a walk etc... the thought of spending that much for "fashion" to me is ridiculous. However I get that for some people it's important and all power to you for that.

That said I've never been one for trends or fashion. I don't even wear a suit in the office.

Only thing I spend a bit more money on is good quality footwear since I walk a lot.

Soldato
Jeans are definitely less common than even just fifteen years ago. Chinos rule at one end of the social spectrum, trackie bottoms at the other. Can’t recall the last time I saw someone wearing jeans! I’ve a couple of good pairs but I rarely wear them

Soldato
This is the kind of stuff I've been wearing lately instead of Jeans.

H77zDOT.png

GGWcUmK.png

Vs Jeans like this:

iUAQgGK.png

You pick the worst pair to compare it to. Hardly surprising when those jeans look really tatty.

I only wear black jeans as they just look a bit smarter than blue, but never wear them around the house.

Soldato
the problem is good jeans, and i mean properly good jeans are very expensive now.

there is a huge amount of cheap rubbish in the sub £100 bracket and i think people got wise to it.

One major problem I've found is that expensive jeans don't last any longer than cheaper jeans. I'd be ****** paying £100+ for a pair to barely last year.

Soldato
I'm like an all year round shorts guy, I gave a few pairs of combat trousers I wear if it's really cold, like when I was in Finland and it was -22c.

Same here, i keep getting comments that i'm the typical brit abroad here in Spain wearing shorts in winter, when i used to do the same in the UK :(

Pair of shorts and big jumpers if it's cold enough is the way for me.

Soldato
The hell do you do in them for them to only last a year? Grind your legs along the tarmac each day?

I find walking in them the crotch wears out. I've got quite big muscular legs, so whether that means they rub the fabric and it wears the fabric out until eventually a hole appears.

My point was that expensive jeans aren't any better quality and you're only paying for the label. So I'd be pretty annoyed having spent loads (I'm sure I've seen a pair of Levi's before for like £160/180) to have them wear out just as quick.

Back
Top Bottom