Are Jeans becoming unfashionable?

Soldato
Given the topic, anyone have suggestions for lightweight trousers?
I find walking in them the crotch wears out. I've got quite big muscular legs, so whether that means they rub the fabric and it wears the fabric out until eventually a hole appears.

My point was that expensive jeans aren't any better quality and you're only paying for the label. So I'd be pretty annoyed having spent loads (I'm sure I've seen a pair of Levi's before for like £160/180) to have them wear out just as quick.

Ah fair enough, i rarely experience that as i've a small crotch and non muscular legs :p

I wouldn't say they're not better quality, whenever i've had a more expensive pair of jeans they've been a lot softer/comfier. Although whether that's worth it is another matter. Now i'm like most in here and just find something i like and buy the same thing over and over!

Man of Honour
Jeans are still my go to but they have to ‘fit’. Loose jeans never really look good. They ought to be reasonably tight (not necessarily ‘skinny’) and that way they are flattering.

There are only two acceptable colours for jeans: jet black and a very light blue (similar to the ones posted on the first page). The stronger blues are urgh.

As my style is a little more ‘street’ compared to the average bear, you will never find me in chinos / shoes. Not my tempo!

Last edited:
Caporegime
Who cares what other people are doing.

Don't be a sheep, be comfortable.

if your jeans are 90s baggy you look a plank though

Soldato
One major problem I've found is that expensive jeans don't last any longer than cheaper jeans. I'd be ****** paying £100+ for a pair to barely last year.

what the denim enthusiasts ( or whatever you want to call them ) usually do is get them repaired. That adds more cost of course.

they tend to fail in the crotch area or near there and once you fix and reinforce that they can keep going for a long time after

Iron Heart jeans are regarded as the most durable jeans in the world but they cost a fortune, several hundred, but they will repair them multiple times for free ( you pay for postage of course ), and they send them back to japan for repair if they cant do it in the UK.

it is what it is, some people buy a £1500 phone or £30K + car without even thinking about it

Soldato
Offt. I've always got a legging pic!

otI8fEI.jpeg

Theres one from Norway. I'm in leggings on that!

I never wear jeans now. I hate them. Heavy, uncomfortable, navy/black basically drab colours.

Few years ago I realised I was only wearing them to fit in and I got rid of all of them.
Those leggings certainly go with your long blonde hair - Nice.

I did guess this as I have no idea which are the leggings.:D

Caporegime
Those leggings certainly go with your long blonde hair - Nice.

I did guess this as I have no idea which are the leggings.:D
I noticed all my pics are outdoors pics. This is the only one I can find where jeans would be appropriate.
I'm second from right. But yeah it's hard to tell!

Soldato
I only really wear jeans or shorts. I do have some walking trousers, but only wear them if I'm going for a hike. Straight or skinny, depending on what's in the wardrobe. Black, grey or blue denim.

My son doesn't wear jeans very often - mostly joggers or sports trousers.

Last edited:
Caporegime
I do wear running leggings when it's cold enough, when I'm out running :p
Yes! They are the best!

You know they're the best as it you wear it outdoors you want comfy/functional.

No one really wants to wear jeans hiking/running/climbing etc. Why? Because they are ****. Which means it's all for "fashion".

Soldato
Given the topic, anyone have suggestions for lightweight trousers?

Ah fair enough, i rarely experience that as i've a small crotch and non muscular legs :p

I wouldn't say they're not better quality, whenever i've had a more expensive pair of jeans they've been a lot softer/comfier. Although whether that's worth it is another matter. Now i'm like most in here and just find something i like and buy the same thing over and over!
The following fjallraven

Greenland “jeans” - they aren’t jeans

Travel MT

kaipak

Patagonia

Peak point

Travel

They also do rock climbing trousers.

They’re designed and made to last, they’ll outlast jeans/trousers which cost more and better for the environment in the way the materials are sourced and made.

Win win if you ask me.

Caporegime
The following fjallraven

Travel MT

kaipak

Patagonia

Peak point

Travel

They’re designed and made to last, they’ll outlast jeans/trousers which cost more and better for the environment in the way the materials are sourced and made.

Win win if you ask me.

@Martynt74

Patagonia are good!

I'm a big fan of arc'teryx.
These are what I had on last night.
They are so light I love them. Same theme as above

Last edited:
Soldato
I've been wearing either cargos (for every day) or chinos (for smart) for the last 20 years, never really did like jeans as there was quite a bit of snobbery about them even then

Soldato
The following fjallraven

Travel MT

kaipak

Patagonia

Peak point

Travel

Win win if you ask me.
@Martynt74

Patagonia are good!

I'm a big fan of arc'teryx.
These are what I had on last night.
They are so light I love them. Same theme as above

Awesome. Cheers both. I'd previously been looking at some Under Armour "golf" trousers, but those Arc-teryx look ideal.

Caporegime
Anything > jeans

Not worn jeans since my late 20s....
Cargo pants, cords, chinos mostly.

Hardly no one wears jeans up here, just arseless cowboy chaps and 2 tone walking trousers or outdoors forester style.... Continental workman look.

Back
Top Bottom