Are Jeans becoming unfashionable?

Soldato
I'm 35 and feel suddenly very out-of-touch. I'm mostly joggers around the house, but switch to jeans if I'm going out in public save for the occasional quick shop visit in which I'll just leave the joggers on.

I don't like wearing jeans, so I guess maybe I'll start looking at cargo pants, chinos etc.

Soldato
Where jeans mostly, providing they are not too baggy looking, don't like them skin tight though!

I only have one pair of cargo trousers from Uniqlo that I occasionally wear out and about as well, might get another pair soon.

Soldato
Christ, I nearly had an aneurism reading that.
I'd probably need a mortgage at the rate I ruin clothes.

Yeah this is the problem.
One wakes up on a Saturday morning and ponders as to whether they will be doing any man jobs. Nope...not planning on it today. So on go the nice trousers, and by nice I mean not caped in oil, paint, general **** etc. Then before you've even sat down to lunch, a man job has taken the first victim of the day, a brand new rip/stain/tear in said trousers just by entering and exiting the shed.

Caporegime
I'm 35 and feel suddenly very out-of-touch. I'm mostly joggers around the house, but switch to jeans if I'm going out in public save for the occasional quick shop visit in which I'll just leave the joggers on.

I don't like wearing jeans, so I guess maybe I'll start looking at cargo pants, chinos etc.

Definitely don't wear something if you don't like it. Wear what you want!

Soldato
They will fade into the shadows just like jeans jackets did.

Chinos are too comfortable, and don't have the faffery of jeans, or the fading after washes etc.

I think that would have happened already, jeans still have their place, for example they are a bit more sturdy and last longer than say chinos, so are favourable for a lot of things.

daz

daz

Soldato
Main thing is you need to buy clothes that fit you. I'm a shorty and it's not easy to find trousers that fit but it will make such a difference to the way you look because at the moment the clothes just swallow you.
Find a tailor to adjust those trousers. Or if you buy from Uniqlo they'll even do the hemming in store.

Permabanned
I wouldn't worry about what anyone thinks/says/does, nor fashion, just wear what you like and makes you feel happy/good about yourself.

Just obviously don't go withering and crawling past women in a gimp mask like this guy did last year :cry:

Last edited:
Soldato
Joggers around the house, jeans or shorts when I'm out and about.

Although I'd highly recommend against combining the latter two, there seemed to be a strange attempt to bring back men's jorts a year or two ago and I'm still recovering from some of the sights I had to suffer.

Regardless, you'll never get me to spend more than £20-30 on a pair of jeans.

A2Z

A2Z

Soldato
Don't wear jeans anymore as I don't like the way they look (used to years ago) and not as comfortable.

90% of the time I will wear my Ralph Lauren joggers as they are just so so comfortable and look so so good. The other 10% of the time when I need to look a bit more 'smart' I will wear all black chinos.

Soldato
One major problem I've found is that expensive jeans don't last any longer than cheaper jeans. I'd be ****** paying £100+ for a pair to barely last year.

Yeah I don't buy expensive jeans for this reason. They all lose their blue dye and start fading or developing white patches regardless of price

Caporegime
Don't wear jeans anymore as I don't like the way they look (used to years ago) and not as comfortable.

90% of the time I will wear my Ralph Lauren joggers as they are just so so comfortable and look so so good. The other 10% of the time when I need to look a bit more 'smart' I will wear all black chinos.
a gucci belt with those joggers? and the polo shirt to match?

Last edited:
Soldato
I live in London and make an effort to dress as cheaply as possible because I’m not likely to get mugged or stabbed by some roadman when I walk around looking like a tramp.

I also have a crap phone worth pennies. Winning.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom